User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Can I still do it????

Hi all,

I started in the industry last Fall but had some setbacks. I took a freight training course, and really had a good understanding of the business. I signed on with a company, and within 2 weeks started booking freight. Well thats when things started to go downhill. I was asssured this company had good financial backing, and back office support. I had several loads booked, but every time these trucks did a credit check, it would come back to them as a new company and they didn't want to risk doing business without a fuel advance, and/or half the money up front. I ended up losing several customers and good trucking companies due to this fact. Every time I would book a load it was something else. I got so fed up, that I decided to leave the business for awhile, and make some money doing other things. I really love the industry. Having been in business myself, I knew the hours were long, and often times you needed to multi task, and make changes on the fly. My question is this, do you think I could and/or should give it another whirl, or is the market so flooded right now that I should wait awhile?
Sorry to be so long winded, thanks for your help in advance!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

There are a lot of brokers in this business. If they are successful raising the broker bond to $100,000 it should reduce the number of brokers, primarily the small brokers. If you want to broker freight I suppose there are always opportunities. Freight still must be moved. You could check with some of the larger brokerage firms.