User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default can you beleave this

not much for talking trash but SRT seriously crossed a line

Family Says Company Did Nothing to Bring Deceased Trucker Home | KOMU.com | Columbia, MO |

still shaking my head on this one
Old 07-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

That's some messed up chit
Old 08-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Board Icon

That's disgusting. FWIW... I shared it to my facebook page.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:33 AM
Senior Board Member

I don't even know what to say about this. I've started 4 or 5 times and just...
Even a sleeze company should be able to find alittle bit of kindness and cover the costs, jeez they could've sent everything Fed-ex (ashes too) I find this so sad and disgusting.
I thought SRT was supposed to be stand up company, well so much for that!
It makes me wonder about other co.? What would Crete do? I know we had a driver die in a crash just a few miles from my home and I never heard anything from Crete about it. Kind makes ya wonder what if.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 08-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I can't believe that SRT would not help get their driver back home. It must have been devastating for the family.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Senior Board Member

I think back to how Earl Henderson Treated ME when I developed my epilepsy in 2000. Lets see here they paid for my Parents Fuel all the way out to NV to pick me up covered all meals hotels everything they did in Reno. Hell he even gave them cash to gamble with. Then when a couple months later when the company lost a recruiter that was popular to a Brain Hemorrhage he flew Everyone that wanted to be at the Funeral to the office then back to their Trucks Hotel and Food for all while there plus paid for her Funeral and set up a Trust Fund for her Baby. He matched all money put into the Fund set up for her son 3 to 1.

Seeing what SRT did to that family makes me sick and a lawyer is going to have a field day with them.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

From a legal standpoint, I don't know that they would actually have a case, but it should not even have come that far. It is good PR for the company to help their driver and his family during this type of tragedy.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Senior Board Member

GMAN Mental Anguish and Trauma for how they Treated their Deceased Member of their Family is going to cover that. Think about this he DIED in their Truck while watching a LOAD for them the Family Called the Carrier MULTIPLE times to have another Driver of SRT check on him they REFUSED to have another Driver Check on him or give him his Location so the State police of the State he Died in could have done a Wellness Check on him. Then when he Died the Carrier was like NOT OUR PROBLEM HE IS DEAD AND NO LONGER AN EMPLOYEE. Hello HE DIED ON THE JOB. They are so Screwed in court the Insurance carrier is going How much will this one cost us.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:58 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006 View Post
GMAN Mental Anguish and Trauma for how they Treated their Deceased Member of their Family is going to cover that. Think about this he DIED in their Truck while watching a LOAD for them the Family Called the Carrier MULTIPLE times to have another Driver of SRT check on him they REFUSED to have another Driver Check on him or give him his Location so the State police of the State he Died in could have done a Wellness Check on him. Then when he Died the Carrier was like NOT OUR PROBLEM HE IS DEAD AND NO LONGER AN EMPLOYEE. Hello HE DIED ON THE JOB. They are so Screwed in court the Insurance carrier is going How much will this one cost us.

It is not right the way the company treated the drivers family. I would imagine that SRT has qualcomm, so they would have had the driver's location. In that case, they could have had the police or another driver find and check on him. If the family pursues this, they may get some financial settlement. It is a shame that they were treated in the manner reported.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:11 PM
Rookie
Default Hope it is getting better now?

I started driving a Taxi several years ago. The first company I worked for made sure I knew if the cab was totaled and I was dead they would go after my assets to recoup their loss. If I was alive I would need to pay for the totaled cab and the lease payments until it was replaced.
The second company I worked for was a little better. After I was hired and signing all the paper work I was asked who my beneficiary would be? It turned out they had $50,000 death benefit for all drivers and also had a $1,000 maximum on damage to the cab. If an accident was my fault the most I would pay was $1,000. If I had heart attack and totaled the taxi I was told my wife would received $49,000.
I actually felt good about this; one company only thought about money the other company felt a moral obligation to help the family if a drive died doing the job.
In the time I was working I only heard of one payout and this was for a driver who lost his arm in a crash. He lived and was given $25,000 from the policy. Guess it was a decent policy.
In some of the trucking jobs offered I am seeing “Life Insurance” is on the list of benefits. I guess I will be looking a lot closer at the benefits. I am also hopeful that some of the trucking companies will be up to the moral standards of the second Taxi Company I worked for.