Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   A Topic About Nothing (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/5801-topic-about-nothing.html)

Lady18wheels 12-21-2004 08:04 PM

If nothing whatsoever existed, there would be no problem and no answer, and the anxieties even of existential philosophers would be permanently laid to rest.

Since they are not, there is evidently nothing to worry about. But that itself should be enough to keep an existentialist happy. Unless the solution be, as some have suspected, that it is not nothing that has been worrying them, but they who have been worrying it.

Lady18wheels 12-21-2004 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady18wheels
Since CAD wouldn't let us talk about Twilight Flyer's libido in that other place, can we talk about it here?

And still nobody's commented on this....

wanderingson 12-22-2004 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleman2
I am a rollin thunder driving rain Comming down like a hurrican.

My life is flashin across the sky...your only young but your gonna die

wanderingson 12-22-2004 03:58 AM

You all are too funny.....and I thought that I was the only one who liked to talk about nothing.....just ask my ex-girlfriend! :lol:
Whenever I'd talk to her about something,it seemed like it meant nothing! :D

Doctor Who 12-22-2004 11:22 PM

I'm looking to the sky to save me
I'm looking for signs of life
I'm looking for something to help me burn out bright
I'm looking for some time to try
To make my way back home and learn to fly!!!!!

Yes, a topic about nothing.. Absolute and other wise!!!!

Doctor Who 12-22-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Since CAD wouldn't let us talk about Twilight Flyer's libido in that other place, can we talk about it here?
http://www.ravenprom.org/lady18wheels/091.gif

And still nobody's commented on this....

I guess it'll be OK as long as Flyers YL doesn't check in to see the weird goings on... Plus, it'll depend of how Flyer feels about strange people conversing and gossiping about his "L" word type thing...

Check it out..... PAGE 4

wanderingson 12-23-2004 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Who
I'm looking to the sky to save me
I'm looking for a complication
I'm looking for something to help me burn out bright
I'm looking for some time to try
To make my way back home and learn to fly!!!!!

Yes, a topic about nothing.. Absolute and other wise!!!!

Hey Doc,those lyrics are by the band Foo Fighters,right?
From your earlier lyrical post,(the Stones) it seems we have the same musical taste.I like rock,60's to the present. :D
Thats all I listen to. I can't get into country at all. I know a lot of drivers do though.

bluebeetle 12-23-2004 12:07 PM

We could talk about Batboy's labido here....cause I refer back to the topic of this post!!!

Love ya Mikey! :lol:

Twilight Flyer 12-23-2004 12:22 PM

7 children running around at home?

And you're questioning my libido? :wink:

Doctor Who 12-23-2004 03:10 PM

Quote:

Hey Doc,those lyrics are by the band Foo Fighters,right?
From your earlier lyrical post,(the Stones) it seems we have the same musical taste.I like rock,60's to the present
Kind of scary isn't it....

Yeah the lyrics are from the Foo Fighters song "Learning To Fly"
The video sucks but I do like the song... I also like Nickleback, 3 Doors Down, Puddle of Mud, etc. Of course I do like mid to late '60's rock can't stand the Beach Boys stuff or the early Beatle songs...
Plus, I did go to the "original" Woodstock in the summer of '69!!!!

Quote:

I can't get into country at all. I know a lot of drivers do though.
I do like some Country, Toby is OK and Mr. Daniels and a few others...

I would like to know who it was that designated country as the "official" music of trucking....

More NOTHING to come as we hurtle out of control into the NEW YEAR

Doctor Who 12-24-2004 12:04 AM

A Christmas NOTHING tale with apologies to Mr. Dickens!!!

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times......

Deep in his dimmly lit cave of an office, Ebeneezer Dispatcher sat at his cluttered desk concocting ways to keep the firms beleaguered drivers out over the Christmas holiday, with phone receiver in one hand the, dreaded, red pen in the other and with a sinister growl "I'll show these fools, Christmas Bah Hum something or other!" As he scribbled in loads for delivery on the most joyous day on the calender!

One by one the drivers were given the bad news and if one ever so much as complained, well that person was doomed to sit at a Flying J for almost an eternity(which for some is more than 8 hours)!

wanderingson 12-24-2004 06:58 AM

Mr. Dickens would like your analogy Doc!!
How true the trucking world is....dispatchers and the loads just don't quit,even during the holidays.
After all,we move 80% of all goods in this country,so I think us truckers are pretty darn important to our way of life.Heck,were more relied upon than the mailman! Neither rain nor sleet or snow,can stop us.Well,maybe an ice storm will!
What I'm saying here means NOTHING to most people. Thus the irony in this post. The average American doesn't realize that most everything they own was delivered or has been on a truck at one point or another. If they only knew! I just smile and take pride in my job,knowing this!
Happy holidays to you and yours Doc!

Lady18wheels 12-24-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Plus, it'll depend of how Flyer feels about strange people conversing and gossiping about his "L" word type thing...
Y'all do remember how this got started, right? It had to do with CAD's post about the Ignore feature, and how bluebeetle told TF his wife needed it .... :lol: CAD said that wasn't the place to talk about TF's libido...

Quote:

red pen in the other
- writing me a check for $350 just for running on the Holiday :!:

Quote:

as we hurtle out of control into the NEW YEAR
I'm so excited! And I just can't fight it!
I'm about to lose control, and I think I like it!

Doctor Who 12-24-2004 02:19 PM

...Just as Ebeneezer thought he had finished his dirty deed a name jumped out off the page like a flashing neon sign... Cobb Ratchet.. Ebeneezer scowled, spat in disgust and grumbled. "I'll make your merry very unmerry Mr. Ratchet!"
With fingers, much like sledge hammers, pounding the keyboard the evil old fuck sent the hapless Ratchet the Qual-Comm from Hell, noon delivery Christmas Day to the Hunts Point Market in the South Bronx.

The Qual-Comm beeped in the ragged Freightliner our hero was driving, as Cobb looked at the screen his smile turned to a frown as he threw the screen to the floor. His hopes for a holiday off were crushed beyond recognition as the lyrics to an old holiday classic danced in his head "I'll be home for Christmas"
Ratchet knew it was useless to argue and or protest swallowed his pride and drove on to the appointed pick up point.

Meanwhile, satisfied with a job evily done Ebeneezer hobbled off to his travel trailer parked behind the main office. This home on wheels was nothing short of a rat nest with minimal electricity, running water or, many other creature comforts.
Ebeneezer sat down to his usual dinner, cold pizza(bet you thought it was Gruel) and flat Pepsi. After his dinner the evil old fuck drifted off to sleep only to be rudely awakened by a slap in the head.

Jumping from the chair Ebeneezer found himself facing a person, dressed somewhat like Captain Jack Sparrow with an after glow....

Lady18wheels 12-24-2004 02:32 PM

MORE! MORE!

Doctor Who 12-24-2004 02:43 PM

...Rubbing his eyes, Ebeneezer managed to squeak out "Who are you?"
The glowing dude responded he was a messanger, like AOL, and he was there to warn the miserable worm that he was to be visited by three, really pissed off, trucking spirits.
Ebeneezer didn't believe the guest at first but didn't dare argue with someone dressed like a Disney character.
"Expect the first at the sound of but a single airhorn blast" The guest said.
"Can I see them all at once?" Ebeneezer asked quite agitated.
"Get real dumb ass!" The guest replied "They will all visit you in their own good time, now get some sleep it's going to be a rough night!"
The word "night" echoed in Ebeneezers head as Captain Jack faded into the dark...

"Bah" Ebeneezer shouted "It's too damn late for Hallowe'en and I didn't like Pirates of the Caribbean either!"
With the excitement over Ebneezer climbed into bed and drifted, yet again, into a fitful sleep...
The blaring of an extremely loud "Rooster Cruiser" horn caused our evil antogonist to jump clear out of his bed and land on the floor.
"I guess you're the first of the three the pirate spoke of?" Ebeneezer asked
"Yeah" was the reply "Get up fool and look upon me"
Ebeneezer did as was commanded and found himself looking at another glowing type person.
"And you are?" he asked
"I'm the pissed off driver from Christmas past!" Was the chilling response
"Long past?"
"No, stupid, you're miserable past why in Hell do you think I'm here!"
Ebeneezer stumbled backwards at the tone of the response or, was it the strong odor of bad truck stop food, either way it made him gag...

Doctor Who 12-24-2004 07:23 PM

"Enough of this stupidity!!" Barked the Pissed Past Driver "Times fleeting fast and there's a lot of crap to go through!"
"But I'll freeze!" Cried Ebeneezer.
"Too damn bad Chicken Little, just climb in to the passenger side of this ancient Marmon and speak no more!"

In a flash the two were off tumbling and screeching through many years past until a rough bump brought the old vintage rig to a stop.
"Recognize this place?" Ebenezeer was asked
"W-w-w-why no!" Ebeneezer stammered
"Figures, this was the place where you were just a sniveling yard jockey!"
The response made our evil anti-hero shiver.
The Pissed Past Driver grew ever impatient as the two rocketed back toward the present. Most of Ebeneezers life was a dark blur and really not worth mentioning with the exception of, Lucy, the Truck Stop Queen from Baton Rouge where, Ebeneezer, got his first taste of back lot loving and just for the mere pitance of $50. This just may have been what changed the bastard in to the miserable dispatcher he is today, then again, maybe not...

Ebeneezer awoke with a start and found he was back in his POS trailer. "What a nightmare!" he thought "I got to quit eating cold Dominos pizza for dinner!"
A cold acidy voice remarked "It was no nightmare, your nightmare has yet to come!!!"
Ebeneezer ducked under his torn blanket but fear and curiosity made him peak through the large tear to find a Cletus T. Judd type person standing in the room.
"C'mon let's get going, I gots a delivery at Mclane Foods and don't want to be late!!" Cletus said
"Get the fuck out of my home or, I'll call the law!" Ebeneezer screamed as he reached for the phone...
Cletus person just laughed taunting Ebeneezer as he tried to dial 911 on a rotary dial phone only to find the circuit busy.. The situation at hand was getting grave for our anti-hero as visions of being tied to the left rear wheels of a 53 foot trailer danced in his head.
Cletus person grabbed Ebeneezer and dragged him out to a real piece of shit REO.
"Am I assuming you're the Pissed Present Driver?"
"Well Duh-Huh genius!" Cletus replied as he pointed out all the upset drivers who wouldn't be home for the holiday thanks to Ebeneezer and other miserable dispatchers like him.
"OK, OK,!!" Ebeneezer screamed "I've seen enough!"
"No you haven't!" Laughed Cletus as he pushed Ebeneezer out of the REO into the path of the most ominus Peterbilt anyone had ever seen....
"OH SHIT!" Ebeneezer cried out as the Pete hurtled towards him......

ronnieman49 12-24-2004 07:35 PM

Come on Doc, you got a lot of readers that are beggin for more; quit draggggggin it out. :x :D

Doctor Who 12-24-2004 07:47 PM

Wasn't it some old Vaudeville actor who once said "Leave 'em wanting more"? :D

Doctor Who 12-24-2004 08:30 PM

....As if frozen to the pavement Ebenzeer watched in horror as the big black Pete roared up to him stopping only inches from his body. The suspense was eating at our anti-hero as the driver side door opened and the mysterious driver stepped out all Ebenezeer could see was black boots but yet didn't dare look up, he did guess he was in the presence of the Pissed Future Driver.
The next thing Ebenezeer felt was being lifted off the ground and shoved into the dark confines of the Pete and all the while the driver never made a sound as the Pete eased on into a grey mist which, Ebenezeer, hadn't noticed before.
"aren't you going to speak?" Ebenezeer struggled to ask.
A slap in the head was the only response he received and a very cold, hard slap it was too.
"I guess there's no use in asking where we are going either?" a much more timid Ebenezeer squeaked out.

The ride hadn't lasted long as the mist disapated and Ebenezeer sat staring at one of the companys trucks sitting at the locked gate of the Hunts Point Market.
"T-t-t-thats Ratchets truck!" He blurted out. "Why did you bring me here?!"
The mystery driver just pointed out the window. Ebenezeer jumped out of the Pete and found to his horror a body laying against the steering wheel and shattered glass covering the ground. Ebenezeer called to Ratchet but received no response.. He tried to climb on to the fuel tank when the mystery driver blew the horn Ebenezeer struggled to stay with the ragged Freightliner but found himself being pulled back to the Pete.
"WHY?" was the only question he could ask as the Pete roared off into the grey mist.

The mist lifted again and Ebenezeer found himself staring at the familair brick office building he worked at but all was not right in the transportation universe as he stepped out of the Pete. He took only a few steps and fell to the ground sobbing as he touched a sign with the following saying attached to it: FOR SALE OR LEASE
Ebenezeer slowly got up and walked to the rear of the building only to find the burned out shell of his beloved trailer, tears welled up in his eyes as he turned to the mystery driver and sobbed "Why show me all this if I'm a prick like everyone says I am?!?!"
Getting no response Ebenezeer stood and cried as the big Pete rumbled off into the growing darkness. "Wait, you can't leave me here!" but alas he was all alone with nothing not even his shadow to comfort him...

A loud crash frightened Ebenzeer as he leaped up and found him still in his bed. "Holy shit!" He yelled "I'm still here, the Pissed Drivers did it all and didn't wreck the sheets!"
Ebenezeer ran back to his dingy, dim office, clicked on the brightest light he could find and set to work sending Qual-Comm messages to all the drivers he had previously screwed. His fingers flew like lightning over the keyboard trying to get ever single one right.
The responses were swift in returning, with the exception of one, wishing the old bastard a Merry and a Happy. The lone exception caught Ebenezeers attention "C'mon Ratchet answer me!" he muttered as he stared at the blank screen. He was about to call the NYPD to check on the driver when the computer beeped with Ratchets return message thanking Ebenezeer for the change of heart.....

Did the crusty old dispatcher really have a change of heart? Many around the terminal seemed to think so but there's always next year!!!!

And as Tiny Tim once observed: God bless us, everyone!!!

Enjoy your holiday..From the Doctor

classicxl 12-24-2004 08:41 PM

That was good Doc thanks for the riveting story

ronnieman49 12-24-2004 09:10 PM

Thanks Doc, I really enjoyed that. :)

Doctor Who 12-24-2004 09:11 PM

Thanks you two... But it was really NOTHING... :D

Enjoy the time with your loved ones....

ronnieman49 12-24-2004 09:16 PM

You missed your true calling. Man you should be a writer not a driver. I like your style. :)

Doctor Who 12-25-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnieman49
You missed your true calling. Man you should be a writer not a driver. I like your style. :)

Thanks Ronnie...

I look at it from this prospective I can be a starving writer and a starving driver this way I won't miss out on anything!! :D

ronnieman49 12-25-2004 03:13 PM

Well Doc, If you ever write a book, Please let me know, :) cause I want to buy one.

Lady18wheels 12-26-2004 06:05 AM

BRAVO Doc, BRAVO :!: :!: :!:
http://www.lady18wheels.com/cad/an_clapping_hands.gif

Ridge Runner 12-26-2004 02:31 PM

That was great Doc! :lol:

12-27-2004 07:33 PM

nothing in the trailer = nothing in the wallet

Doctor Who 12-27-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

nothing in the trailer = nothing in the wallet
Yes indeed and nothing in the wallet = nothing to go home to....

12-27-2004 09:30 PM

The Value Of Nothing

The value of nothing when nothing is zero:

In most instances, a result of a calculation that is very close to zero may not always be treated as zero. Therefore, the value of zero is set to a small positive value, and a quantity is treated as zero only when it is equal to absolute zero or nothing. A number greater than the absolute value of zero will always have a value of something no matter how minute. The law of approaching smaller numbers proves that one cannot really say they have nothing as there is an infinite amount of something between nothing and absolute zero.

HMmmm sorry...the nerd in me is coming out again....... eric

Doctor Who 12-28-2004 12:03 AM

Quote:

The law of approaching smaller numbers proves that one cannot really say they have nothing as there is an infinite amount of something between nothing and absolute zero.

HMmmm sorry...the nerd in me is coming out again....... eric
It's OK Eric, it's NOTHING that is the topic but may lean towards absolute zero in the near future cause it can't be in the distant past since zero in itself is not quite absolute when spoken in the past tense.

Ah absolute 0 what a concept, but being a zero just may be not politicaly correct in the anal retentive 21st century way of life.

Oh by the way, if the other topic in this forum is correct we all may be stars, cool a new version of Knots Landing or even One Life To Live featuring the entire cast of characters from CAD. I think I'll start on the script.

Stay tuned a new Melodrama may be in the offing thanks to a hidden talent show :roll:

ronnieman49 12-28-2004 12:24 AM

MMMMMMMMMMMM....You guys are Killing Me :?

Ridge Runner 12-28-2004 01:11 AM

I don't know about killing me, but they do make my head hurt :?

Lady18wheels 12-28-2004 05:38 AM

Quote:

new version of Knots Landing or even One Life To Live featuring the entire cast of characters from CAD.
Does this mean we'll get to "suck face" on national tv :?: :?: :?: :?:
http://www.lady18wheels.com/cad/an_two_fish_kissing.gif
:shock: :D

12-28-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

new version of Knots Landing or even One Life To Live featuring the entire cast of characters from CAD.
Does this mean we'll get to "suck face" on national tv :?: :?: :?: :?:
http://images.animationfactory.com/a...ing_lg_nwm.gif
:shock: :D

OMG
http://www.ravenprom.org/kull/suckface.gif
sorry L-18 and Doc. I just had to do that.

12-28-2004 05:42 PM

lol!!!!!!

Lady18wheels 12-29-2004 02:22 AM

Hey, I like it :!: :D Doc's probably going :oops: :oops: :oops:

dutch 12-30-2004 04:50 AM

NOTHING

8)

Doctor Who 12-31-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Hey, I like it :!: :D Doc's probably going :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ummmmm, no I'm not I gots this big smile and very happy look.. See :D :D :D

All I ask is that you wear something a bit more comfortable :P

Oh wow this topic is gravitating towards the RISQUE side of the tracks, oops, I mean truck stop... :shock:

Let's see, so far I have four pages done and still the plot makes no damn sense, kinda like most of the shit that's on TV now...
If I design the script around the daytime dramas can I call it Sex in the Afterlife??
Or, would it be better to add a smidgen of Lot Lizarddom and call it Law and Disarray or,.......... Imagination time here kids!!!

The person who wants to do the reality show a few topics down the page has no bloody idea what she created by letting my OVER ACTIVE imagination run wild....

The powers that be in the office may just pull my Mod card and kick me to the curb...

Stay tuned it's going to be a wild 2005 :shock: