Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Any body been watching the show Ice Truckers? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/28736-any-body-been-watching-show-ice-truckers.html)

Uturn2001 08-13-2007 02:26 AM

Well IMHO Hugh is running junk for his fleet. The only truck he really seems to care about keeping in good order is his. Other than that the only time he really cares about the other trucks is if something happens that stops them from making him money.

Here is something to consider about the condition of Hugh's fleet. Hugh has 2 trucks sitting empty and Rick has no heat, but for some reason Rick is not jumping into one of the other trucks. What does that tell you? Tells me Rick knows the other two trucks have even more problems than the POS he is driving.

I worked for a guy like that one time. I was running a M-F dedicated run, about 450 mile round trip. Unless the truck stopped running he would insist on waiting until the weekend to fix anything.

:roll: :roll:

Double R 08-13-2007 03:17 AM

Rick quit. Now Hugh is the only one left from his company driving the Ice Road. Next week, Season Final. Wonder if the History Channel will make another one next year?

Fredog 08-13-2007 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R
Rick quit. Now Hugh is the only one left from his company driving the Ice Road. Next week, Season Final. Wonder if the History Channel will make another one next year?

Rick called into the Bubba show last week and said they got picked up for 2 more seasons. He will be driving for someone

Double R 08-13-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R

Rick called into the Bubba show last week and said they got picked up for 2 more seasons. He will be driving for someone

Cool. WDVE in Pittsburgh had Hugh on a couple weeks ago. He didn't say much about the show because they only aired about 4 episodes at the time. He did however hint about Drew. If I find the interview on line I post the link. It was funny though.

continental 08-13-2007 05:48 PM

They're picked up for two more seasons?
Wonderful. :sad: Just how long can you watch the
same boring thing over and over again?
On the plus side, more chance for Hugh to fall
through the ice. Now that I want to see. :lol:

shyykatt 08-13-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg3564
I just can't get over the junk equipment those guys are driving. You would think they would have top notch new equipment. Not 10+ year old crap with no heat, ice in the bunk and battery boxes falling off.

Ive only seen one show; 'junk eqipmt.' exactly :?

Deus 08-13-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deus
Quote:

Originally Posted by "Fredog
the line pulled loose from the glad hand, it wasnt loose from the trailer. not the drivers fault

I don't buy it. It came loose just feet from where he hooked up. If it was that loose he should have noticed when he hooked it up. I don't know about you but when I hook up the lines I always check to make sure they aren't falling apart.

I also seem to remember them securing it with some black strap or something... I guess I just assumed one of the hands was bent or something and loose.

In any event I still say driver error.

well, the safety man who was there while we werent inspected it and said it wasnt the drivers fault, he seems to be a real hard-ass when it comes to safety, so I believe him, maybe you should go into business with Hugh, he says everything is the drivers fault, including a computer going bad. I dont see how anybody can work for that guy.
it also didnt happen just feet from where he hooked up, it happened going down the hill on the Ingraham trail, he made it quite a ways before it happened. I had recorded the show and watched it again just to be sure

I guess I had it wrong then. No need to get so defensive! I thought he was still in Yellowknife when it happened.

TJ just doesn't seem like a good driver to me. What do I know though? I'm just a rookie myself with only a couple years experience.

Deus 08-13-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeshock
lol, just like most reality shows it only highlits the most exciting moments so yeh, it might apear like hugh is a d**k. not sure i agree with him running some of that equipment but that was thier choice to take the job.

That's why above I said I wouldn't mind working for Hugh. I knew there were things the show was leaving out. The only thing I really thought wasn't cool (or actually was) was leaving Rick without heat. You can't run without a heater up there.

I understand running junk equipment in that kind of enviroment but it's gotta have heat and be safe.

greg3564 08-13-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deus
Quote:

Originally Posted by geeshock
lol, just like most reality shows it only highlits the most exciting moments so yeh, it might apear like hugh is a d**k. not sure i agree with him running some of that equipment but that was thier choice to take the job.

That's why above I said I wouldn't mind working for Hugh. I knew there were things the show was leaving out. The only thing I really thought wasn't cool (or actually was) was leaving Rick without heat. You can't run without a heater up there.

I understand running junk equipment in that kind of enviroment but it's gotta have heat and be safe.

The key word is running. It has to run before it can be safe or heated. :D Hugh said he also employs Rick at his excavating company. Those trucks are going year round. That 1995 FLD Rick had with no heat must have some serious miles and wear on it. I liked how Hugh said Rick was "whining" about his heat. What a clown that guys is. No wonder he had no drivers at the end of the season.

Shawnee 08-13-2007 08:29 PM

We can't get that show where we live, it is filmed in Canada but we can't even watch it on Canadian TV