Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Need Ideas for a Trucker-Themed Wedding for.... ME! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/23761-need-ideas-trucker-themed-wedding-me.html)

GoldiesPlating 01-15-2007 08:44 AM

OH MY GOD THESE IDEAS ARE GREAT!!!! I'm compiling a list and in a few weeks going to post them on my website. Given all these GREAT ideas now a truck themed wedding seems a DEFINITE possibility! KEEP THIS THREAD GOING as if is FANTASTIC and a GREAT help. Thanks useless for you efforts. I LOVE THE VOWS!!! This is soooo cool I'm so glad I posted this question!!!!
A MILLION THANKS to all and please tell others about this thread and have them contribute. The results should be AWESOME. i promise to have it ALL videoptaped and available online for download when I get "hooked".

Rawlco 01-15-2007 11:12 AM

Who want's to bug CMT about doing a "Trick My Truck" honeymoon edition? :lol: :lol: Perhaps Uncle Harold would be kind enough to donate one to start with. :lol:

vonSeggern 01-15-2007 12:28 PM

A black and chrome theme at the reception for sure. The flowers on the table MUST be in plastic jugs with yellow food coloring in the water. Padding tarps for table cloths.

You tux should have shoulder epaulets made from 4" straps. When they introduce the newly betrothed Mr. and Mrs. FlatbedFred at the reception, she ( it is a she right Fred? ;) ) should drag you in with a chain around your neck.

GoldiesPlating 01-15-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawlco
Who want's to bug CMT about doing a "Trick My Truck" honeymoon edition? :lol: :lol: Perhaps Uncle Harold would be kind enough to donate one to start with. :lol:

Awesome idea! I'm gonna "work" on THIS one!

01-15-2007 10:23 PM

Do what I did for my first marriage have the wedding in the truck. Of course that wife is now in WI with her current hubby and I am the happiest man in the world down here in IL 400 miles away from that 450+ lb heifer.

GoldiesPlating 01-15-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonSeggern
A black and chrome theme at the reception for sure. The flowers on the table MUST be in plastic jugs with yellow food coloring in the water. Padding tarps for table cloths.

You tux should have shoulder epaulets made from 4" straps. When they introduce the newly betrothed Mr. and Mrs. FlatbedFred at the reception, she ( it is a she right Fred? ;) ) should drag you in with a chain around your neck.

von, MORE good ideas, THANKS!!!!
and HEHEHE YES "SHE" is REALLY a SHE!!! Imagine that!!!! and ..... should I even SAY this here with you crazy truckers :? SHE, is eighteen YEARS younger than me!!! A ripe "old" 22! :oops: 8) :lol:

dieselgrl 01-15-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating

and HEHEHE YES "SHE" is REALLY a SHE!!! Imagine that!!!! and ..... should I even SAY this here with you crazy truckers :? SHE, is eighteen YEARS younger than me!!! A ripe "old" 22! :oops: 8) :lol:

At least she's old enough to be able hold a CDL so it can't be robbing the cradle that bad :wink:

As for more ideas, you could have a kind of "21 Winch Bar Salute", and of course, make sure there's a good selection of straps for the honeymoon suite :wink: Maybe some oil dry instead of rice for people to throw at you both.

vonSeggern 01-15-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
Quote:

Originally Posted by vonSeggern

Trucker Nirvana, 40 minus 18 = 22.
Bless you my son.

shyykatt 01-16-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Do what I did for my first marriage have the wedding in the truck. Of course that wife is now in WI with her current hubby and I am the happiest man in the world down here in IL 400 miles away from that 450+ lb heifer.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Truckfam 01-16-2007 04:23 AM

Lets see if I can remember what I was thinking after laughing so hard. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To add the wedding rings could be something from the truck's engines, or possibly something common, small, and round found on or in the truck.

You might want the food to come from your favorite truck stop slop shop.

Hmmm, if you decide to use place cards.... lets' see.... specially created bumper stickers??? Or sometype of key chain that has first names that could double as a favor gift also?

Instead of drinking glasses, travel mugs instead?

Since many truckers use coolers, have all drinks placed in coolers.

Could you book a truck stop lounge, or the lounge in your home terminal if it is close enough for the reception?

If you use a line of trucks or there is alot of trucks there, you could have all of them blow their air horns at once as you kiss after the preacher says you may now kiss the bride.

Of course you will need some truckin music. Maybe find some apporiate music to replace the traditional wedding march.