Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Need Ideas for a Trucker-Themed Wedding for.... ME! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/23761-need-ideas-trucker-themed-wedding-me.html)

GoldiesPlating 01-11-2007 03:08 AM

Need Ideas for a Trucker-Themed Wedding for.... ME!

Hey everyone. I'm in the VERY early stages of planning a possible wedding for yours truly and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on having a Trucker-Themed wedding? I'd like it to include some rigs as possible "Limos" and to have as a background at the reception.
Any ideas would be appreciated! :D

madii'swife 01-11-2007 03:16 AM

No ideas, didn't manage to be creative for my own, much less anybody elses! Just wanted to say congrats! even if it is early :)

devildice 01-11-2007 03:18 AM

Well i think if you're going that route, it would only be appropriate to have you, bride to be and minister standing on a flatbed trailer...... :wink:

yoopr 01-11-2007 03:30 AM

2 rows of KW W9's (or the truck of your choosing)facing each other with antenna's tilted forward(Sorta like a Marine Corps Wedding with Swords) :P

dieselgrl 01-11-2007 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildice
Well i think if you're going that route, it would only be appropriate to have you, bride to be and minister standing on a flatbed trailer...... :wink:

Might want to make it a curtainside in case of rain :wink:

Useless 01-11-2007 05:20 AM

First off, Blessings to you and your fiance!!

As for the bridesmaids; A dress that is strapless, and a bra that is not.

As for the groomsmen: A Tuxedo worn over a chewing tobacco stained sleeveless undershirt!!

GoldiesPlating 01-11-2007 06:43 PM

LOL LMAO!!! KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!!! And thanks to you all. :wink:

HorsePower 01-11-2007 07:16 PM

you can spend the night in the sleeper, instead of getting a hotel room. Talk about a truck-theme wedding. You'll save some money this way, too.

:shock:

just a little joke, sorry

Useless 01-11-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HorsePower
you can spend the night in the sleeper, instead of getting a hotel room. Talk about a truck-theme wedding. You'll save some money this way, too.

:shock:

just a little joke, sorry

"Now, please repeat after me": "With this book, I thee log......."

"You may now change your log books from "On Duty; Not Driving", to "Sleeper Berth!!"
8)

Where will you two be taking your 34hr. Re-Set??? :D

shyykatt 01-11-2007 09:21 PM

A 'trucker themed' wedding huh? Hmmm.... lots of grease, dirt, some cuss words...kiddin';
Have the minister speak through the CB; standing on a flat-bed is a good idea. A very interesting concept- you'll have to share pics w/us afterwards.

Useless 01-11-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyykatt
A 'trucker themed' wedding huh? Hmmm.... lots of grease, dirt, some cuss words...kiddin';
Have the minister speak through the CB; standing on a flat-bed is a good idea. A very interesting concept- you'll have to share pics w/us afterwards.

Please refrain from the vulgarities over the CB if there will be children in attendance!!

Midnight Flyer 01-11-2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
"You may now change your log books from "On Duty; Not Driving", to "Sleeper Berth!!" [/color]8)

:D And a big sticker on the side that reads "If this truck is rockin' don't come knockin'!" :lol:

Rev.Vassago 01-11-2007 11:23 PM

Have the ceremony in a pee-stained T/A parking lot, with trucks idling all around you.

Have the reception at the boofet line, and make sure nobody washes their hands after going to the bathroom. :wink:

Midnight Flyer 01-11-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Have the ceremony in a pee-stained T/A parking lot, with trucks idling all around you.

Have the reception at the boofet line, and make sure nobody washes their hands after going to the bathroom. :wink:

:D And to make it really authentic dress up some lizards as servers! :lol: :lol:

Useless 01-12-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago

The bride can wear lovely white shoes, tastefully accented with yellow spots stained on them!!

Have the reception at the buffet line, and make sure nobody washes their hands after going to the bathroom. :wink:

Excelllent idea!! And, instead of them throwing rice at you, they can all throw their bags of trash from the Wendy's at you!!

dieselgrl 01-12-2007 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
"You may now change your log books from "On Duty; Not Driving", to "Sleeper Berth!!" 8)

Where will you two be taking your 34hr. Re-Set??? :D

I had some more ideas, but I was laughing so hard after that one Useless, I plumb forgot *dies* :lol: :lol:

Useless 01-12-2007 03:52 AM

A Trucker's Wedding

Dearly Beloved,

We are gathered here today to celebrate in joining Goldies Plating and His Old Lady in the Holy Union of Team Driving Partners for Life!!.

If there is anyone here today who knows of a reason why this couple should not be United in Holy Team Driving-Lock, or if someone happens to know that the bride or the groom has any outstanding warrants, unpaid fines, truck abandonments, or some other crap on their DAC Reports that we don't know about, Let them speak now, or forever shut the f@#&k up!!!

Goldies Plating, Do you take this woman to lawfully be "The Wife"??

[Say: "I do"!! ]

Then repeat after me:

I, Goldies Plating. take thee, My Old Lady, to be my lawfully wedded Co-driver and The Wife, to Love and to Cherish, for better or for worse, in sickness and poor living conditions, for poor or for even poorer or still, when I am drunk, or hung over, or occasionally sober, and to occasionally buy you a cup of coffee every now and then, and to take a bath at least once a month, whether I need it or not

And do you, Gold Plating's Old Lady, take Goldies Plating, to lawfully be "Your Old Man??

[Say: "I do!!]

Then repeat after me:

I, Goldies Plating's Old Lady, take thee, Goldies Plating, To Love, Honor, to Cherish, and Obey, For better, or for worse, for poor, or for even poorer still, in sickness and in poor living conditions,

For when you are drunk, hung over, or occasionally sober, to drive down to the jailhouse at 4:00 in the morning to pick you up, to see to it that you make your court dates, when you are in jail, or out of jail, when you are on probation, or off probation,

To wash your truck and Armour-All The interior, to polish the wheels and all the other chrome, to fuel up the truck, to pre-trip and to post-trip, to wash the windshield and the windows, to check all fluid levels, to check the tire pressure and air up the tires, to replace any burned out lights, to check the airlines and brakes, to slide the tandems and balance the load, to load and unload the freight, to drive 11 hours a night, (the "graveyard run") and to learn to master the art and science of performing routine and periodic maintenance and emergency roadside repairs,

to polish your (gear shift) knob,

To keep track of all of the paper work, to keep your log book somewhat semi-legal, to do whatever the f&@$k else needs doing,

To wash your dirty clothes, to look the other way and pretend that I don't notice your "hooter checks" or when you pinch a waitresses fanny, or slap her butt, and to refrain from complaining about your body odor or smelly socks,

And to not bitch at you when you cut a "one cheek sneak", or to let loose with a loud "wet one", and to stay pretty and sexy looking the entire time, even when it's "that time of month"!!

Is there a ring?? If not, then would The Best Man look around, and buy a cheap, electro-plated gold chain from some dude in the truck stop parking lot!!

You may place the ring on Your Old Lady's finger, or place the electro-plated gold chain around her neck.

Now, By the power vested in me by "The Federal Marshall", I now pronounce you Old Man and The Wife, and Team Partners for Life.

That which has been ordained by God, Let no Man, Dispatcher, or DOT Officer put asunder!!

You may kiss your bride, then change your log book duty status from "On duty, Not Driving", to Sleeper Berth!!

shyykatt 01-12-2007 01:48 PM

OMG- Thats hilariouse! Good one there useless! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Useless 01-13-2007 03:58 AM

Here is another valuable suggestion:

Place your wedding registry with "MadMan's House of Tattoos and Body Piercing"!!

dpatt 01-13-2007 11:24 PM

Hmmmm...

Wonder where you'll find a black suit with chrome buttons and a chrome tie...

GoldiesPlating 01-15-2007 08:44 AM

OH MY GOD THESE IDEAS ARE GREAT!!!! I'm compiling a list and in a few weeks going to post them on my website. Given all these GREAT ideas now a truck themed wedding seems a DEFINITE possibility! KEEP THIS THREAD GOING as if is FANTASTIC and a GREAT help. Thanks useless for you efforts. I LOVE THE VOWS!!! This is soooo cool I'm so glad I posted this question!!!!
A MILLION THANKS to all and please tell others about this thread and have them contribute. The results should be AWESOME. i promise to have it ALL videoptaped and available online for download when I get "hooked".

Rawlco 01-15-2007 11:12 AM

Who want's to bug CMT about doing a "Trick My Truck" honeymoon edition? :lol: :lol: Perhaps Uncle Harold would be kind enough to donate one to start with. :lol:

vonSeggern 01-15-2007 12:28 PM

A black and chrome theme at the reception for sure. The flowers on the table MUST be in plastic jugs with yellow food coloring in the water. Padding tarps for table cloths.

You tux should have shoulder epaulets made from 4" straps. When they introduce the newly betrothed Mr. and Mrs. FlatbedFred at the reception, she ( it is a she right Fred? ;) ) should drag you in with a chain around your neck.

GoldiesPlating 01-15-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawlco
Who want's to bug CMT about doing a "Trick My Truck" honeymoon edition? :lol: :lol: Perhaps Uncle Harold would be kind enough to donate one to start with. :lol:

Awesome idea! I'm gonna "work" on THIS one!

01-15-2007 10:23 PM

Do what I did for my first marriage have the wedding in the truck. Of course that wife is now in WI with her current hubby and I am the happiest man in the world down here in IL 400 miles away from that 450+ lb heifer.

GoldiesPlating 01-15-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonSeggern
A black and chrome theme at the reception for sure. The flowers on the table MUST be in plastic jugs with yellow food coloring in the water. Padding tarps for table cloths.

You tux should have shoulder epaulets made from 4" straps. When they introduce the newly betrothed Mr. and Mrs. FlatbedFred at the reception, she ( it is a she right Fred? ;) ) should drag you in with a chain around your neck.

von, MORE good ideas, THANKS!!!!
and HEHEHE YES "SHE" is REALLY a SHE!!! Imagine that!!!! and ..... should I even SAY this here with you crazy truckers :? SHE, is eighteen YEARS younger than me!!! A ripe "old" 22! :oops: 8) :lol:

dieselgrl 01-15-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating

and HEHEHE YES "SHE" is REALLY a SHE!!! Imagine that!!!! and ..... should I even SAY this here with you crazy truckers :? SHE, is eighteen YEARS younger than me!!! A ripe "old" 22! :oops: 8) :lol:

At least she's old enough to be able hold a CDL so it can't be robbing the cradle that bad :wink:

As for more ideas, you could have a kind of "21 Winch Bar Salute", and of course, make sure there's a good selection of straps for the honeymoon suite :wink: Maybe some oil dry instead of rice for people to throw at you both.

vonSeggern 01-15-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonSeggern

Trucker Nirvana, 40 minus 18 = 22.
Bless you my son.

shyykatt 01-16-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Do what I did for my first marriage have the wedding in the truck. Of course that wife is now in WI with her current hubby and I am the happiest man in the world down here in IL 400 miles away from that 450+ lb heifer.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Truckfam 01-16-2007 04:23 AM

Lets see if I can remember what I was thinking after laughing so hard. :lol: :lol: :lol:

To add the wedding rings could be something from the truck's engines, or possibly something common, small, and round found on or in the truck.

You might want the food to come from your favorite truck stop slop shop.

Hmmm, if you decide to use place cards.... lets' see.... specially created bumper stickers??? Or sometype of key chain that has first names that could double as a favor gift also?

Instead of drinking glasses, travel mugs instead?

Since many truckers use coolers, have all drinks placed in coolers.

Could you book a truck stop lounge, or the lounge in your home terminal if it is close enough for the reception?

If you use a line of trucks or there is alot of trucks there, you could have all of them blow their air horns at once as you kiss after the preacher says you may now kiss the bride.

Of course you will need some truckin music. Maybe find some apporiate music to replace the traditional wedding march.

Useless 01-16-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

and HE-HE-HE YES "SHE" is REALLY a SHE!!!

Now, GP, you're starting to care me a bit here.

HE HE HE
really is a SHE :shock: :

Forget about the truck stop wedding; I'm starting to think that you should be married on The Jerry Springer Show!!

Jerry!! Jerry!! Jerry!!! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP!!!! BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP!!

Just kidding here, GP!!! Pleasa accept my apologies to you and your lucky bride if I went over the line on that one....sometimes, I just can't help myself!! :oops: :oops:

golfhobo 01-16-2007 08:54 PM

Well.... I can't be as funny as Useless on this one! Still LMAO at his vows and such! But,

In case the preacher talks too long, have pee bottles next to all the chairs in the audience.

Have a large parking lot, but make sure signs are posted saying "No Parking!"

If you use a CB for the preacher.... make sure it is a BIG RADIO with "Roger beep!"

And, seriously.... have you seen those new POV trucks that look like Big Rigs?? See if you can rent a few for the "procession" That is IF you don't actually plan to use real trucks!

Make sure your "tap beer" is labeled Diesel #2.

Set up your tables by "Teams" "O/O's" "Company Drivers" "Solos" and "Newbies."

Your "Best Man" should be referred to as your "Mentor."

And whatever you do..... make sure The Wife doesn't get an Overweight ticket!! :wink: [You might want to rent a portable scales for the "platform" upon which the two of you stand for your vows.]

Best of Luck to both of ya!! Can't wait to see the video!

Hobo

shyykatt 01-16-2007 09:10 PM

:lol: :lol: Funny Hobo :lol: :lol:

Also, make sure whomever else helps you w/'planning' isn't a Swift planner, or you'll be waitin' a long time to take your vows. :wink:

wot i life 01-16-2007 09:11 PM

http://www.customshowtruck.com/ Must be something like this over there :wink:

Useless 01-16-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo

And, make sure that you have a table and chairs set aside to rent to the Fleece Operators, after they have paid the bargain price of just $25.00 admission to attend the wedding ceremony!!

Of course,being Fleece Operators, they will still have to pay for their mandatory trip to the buffet!!

Hobo

Same here!! 8)

GoldiesPlating 01-17-2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo
Well.... I can't be as funny as Useless on this one! Still LMAO at his vows and such! But,

In case the preacher talks too long, have pee bottles next to all the chairs in the audience.

Have a large parking lot, but make sure signs are posted saying "No Parking!"

If you use a CB for the preacher.... make sure it is a BIG RADIO with "Roger beep!"

And, seriously.... have you seen those new POV trucks that look like Big Rigs?? See if you can rent a few for the "procession" That is IF you don't actually plan to use real trucks!

Make sure your "tap beer" is labeled Diesel #2.

Your "Best Man" should be referred to as your "Mentor."

And whatever you do..... make sure The Wife doesn't get an Overweight ticket!! :wink: [You might want to rent a portable scales for the "platform" upon which the two of you stand for your vows.]

Hobo

A BIG RADIO w/roger beep! LMAO!!!!

yoopr 01-17-2007 04:11 AM

You may place the ring on Your Old Lady's finger, or place the electro-plated gold chain around her neck

Damn-First time I read that I thought you said Electric Shock Collar around his Neck.
Same thing :P

GoldiesPlating 01-17-2007 04:22 AM

Pics of My Fiance Jackie

In case anyone is wondering what my lady looks like, here's a couple of pictures:
http://www.goldiesplating.com/JackieCig2.jpg
http://www.goldiesplating.com/JackieTankTop.jpg
http://www.goldiesplating.com/JackieChristmas2.jpg

GoldiesPlating 01-17-2007 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyykatt
:lol: :lol: Funny Hobo :lol: :lol:

Also, make sure whomever else helps you w/'planning' isn't a Swift planner, or you'll be waitin' a long time to take your vows. :wink:

LOLOL

GoldiesPlating 01-17-2007 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
You may place the ring on Your Old Lady's finger, or place the electro-plated gold chain around her neck

Damn-First time I read that I thought you said Electric Shock Collar around his Neck.
Same thing :P

Hehehe Hey yooper, thanks for stopping by and thanks to CAD for hosting a site where I spend MANY a sleepless hour laughing and bitchin' ALL at the same time.
Thanks to all of the posters here too for your continuing ideas. I can't WAIT to incorporate all of them into a CRAZY wedding ceremony the likes of which I believe have YET to be seen!
Keep 'em commin' !!!!