User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2014, 06:04 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

What shore power setup are y'all using? I've been hearing about such frivolities, but haven't had a truck with it yet.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Senior Board Member

This shore power system was installed by Volvo when the truck was built. We don't get reimbursed for using it out on the road at truck stops, so the truck stays running.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

our trucks have a 110v plug in on the lower front cab, back of the fender, so when you pull up to your power pole, it's a short extension to hook up 110v power.
that is used to run the engine block heaters during the winter, and it extends 110v power to a couple outlets inside the cab.
Some are wired up to a trickle charger, that keeps the batteries topped off, as sub-zero temps will drain your battery's.

I found this article that has some good wiring info and diagrams on 12v wiring. I like/need diagrams. The Truck Electrical Center
it shows our block heater shore hookup.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:51 AM
Rookie

The most powerful power inverter that I have used is bestek 1000w power inverter. So I don't know more details about 1500-2500 watt power inverter. Even we know the watt is much high, it can charge high watt tools. I think the difference is on here. Maybe the another different is about how to use. The way for me to use bestek 1000w power inverter is to connect with car cigarette lighter charger outlet. Maybe you want to learn more details about this power inverter on bestekmall. Hope this point is useful to you.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Rookie

An inverter is a device that will convert DC (direct current) power into AC (alternating current) power. (usually with some loss) Small generators usually put out AC power. You can only run equipment with your generator that requires LESS power than your generator can deliver! If you have a 2 KW (2 kilowatt--2000watt) unit you can only run equipment that is rated at (or totals up to) less than 2.5 horsepower! i.e. a heavy duty drill (1/2 horsepower); plus a heavy duty (1.5 horsepower) saw. Most generator units can run at their maximum rated power levels only for short periods of time without over heating!