Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Gun Confiscations occuring in WV

Check this crap out:

Ripley Residents Claim Guns Already Being Confiscated

Quote:
RIPLEY- Is it a case of over-zealous law enforcement personnel or is a new and over-reaching legal mandate on the horizon? Ripley residents claim authorities have swept through the area in an effort to collect firearms.

Henry Mason, a construction worker from Fairplain reported he found a 'official looking vehicle' waiting for him when he got home Tuesday evening. "These guys started flashing their badges at me. I was kinda scared. They were all state police except for two really serious looking guys. One was FBI [Federal Bureau of Investigation], the other was ATF [The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives]. They stayed in the background mostly, like they were training the other guys."
Other families report the same, strange story. A few claim to have slammed the door on the men -- only to have them post a notice on their door and leave. It seems this was more a test than a desire to force the issue or make arrests.
Mason said a document was produced that enumerated the weapons he and his wife had registered as well as a couple they hadn't. "They said some new law gave them the right to take my guns! They had a warrant and everything. What's going on?"
We aren't certain. But we have an idea.
Attached to the lengthy 'Fiscal Cliff' bill that passed late last night was an item entitled, 'Safe America', a provision drafted by California Senator, Diane Feinstein and West Virginia Senator, Joe Manchin. The amendment calls for the "Disarming of Americans to protect our children...". While admittedly controversial, it sailed through committee without debate -- due in large part to the importance of passing the 'Fiscal Cliff' bill and of course, recent gun tragedies.
"I couldn't be more relieved and happy," said Senator Feinstein. "This is my second attempt to pass this bill. We finally got the votes for an outright ban, thanks in no small part of Joe Manchin. God bless him. Soon, we'll be picking up [every gun]... Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in!"
Senator Joe Manchin could not be reached for comment. However, he recently stated, "This awful massacre of our youngest children has changed us, and everything should be on the table. We need to move beyond dialogue – we need to take a sensible, reasonable approach to the issue of mass violence. I ask all of my colleagues to sit down with a seriousness of purpose to address the causes of these tragic crimes, including mental health treatment, military-style assault weapons and high capacity magazines, and our culture, which seems to glorify violence more than ever in our video games and movies."
State Trooper, Stan Down spoke to TheDiggerer off-the-record and told us, "I don't know the officers involved in the Ripley incident -- and I certainly don't know of any current move to collect anyone's weapons. All I can tell you if someone tries to take your weapons, make sure you empty all rounds, first."
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Board Icon

Ripley Residents Claim Guns Already Being Confiscated - Topix

Stan Down? [Stand down] Really? A police officer inciting the populace to armed rebellion?

You do realize The Diggerer is a satire site.... right?

Sure hope no legitimate officer stopping by to ask for a donation for the children (or police fund) is killed by some rube who believed this article.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Ripley Residents Claim Guns Already Being Confiscated - Topix

Stan Down? [Stand down] Really? A police officer inciting the populace to armed rebellion?

You do realize The Diggerer is a satire site.... right?

Sure hope no legitimate officer stopping by to ask for a donation for the children (or police fund) is killed by some rube who believed this article.
It would be funny if it wasn't exactly what DiFi wants!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
It would be funny if it wasn't exactly what DiFi wants!
Do YOU know... cuz I'm not sure... EXACTLY what DiFi wants?

Don't really matter... since no bill like that (without amendments at least) would ever PASS the congress. So... WHY do you get so upset?

No one... EVER... will come for (all) your guns in America.

HER bill explicitly "grandfathers" all the guns you guys already own!

There are ALOT of "high tensions" going thru Congress and the gov't right now... SOME even from YOUR side. Take a breath... and keep "contributing" to the Obama Recovery!

This is STILL "America," repete. Stop "fearing" your own country.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

According to some reports, Obama plans to use an executive order to pass extensive gun controls. If he takes this route, it will not be legal and will likely not be obeyed by the people. There is a clause at the end of the amendment which states, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." If you read the Amendment, I don't believe that the federal government even has the right to pass laws which regulate "infringe" the ownership of arms. Even if congress decides to put a bill together which places restrictions on the people to bear arms, it will not be legal. They try to get around a lot of laws under the commerce clause, but this amendment is very specific. It prohibits the government from any infringement of the people to bear arms.