User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 1 Million Cards

I just read about a young boy who's in the WVU Childrens Hospital in Morgantown, WV. He has just underwent bone marrow replacement, but is having a really hard time with it. I know he has cancer, but not sure which type. Leukemia, I think. Anyway, he has one wish - to receive 1 Million cards. From what I saw on his Facebook page, he has just over 275,000 cards right now. My niece has friends that work at the hospital and have verified the information below. She said he's received thousands of cards at the hospital, even though they're requesting them to be sent to their home in Iowa.

I just went into the T/A I'm sitting at and picked a card from their wonderful selection (why wouldn't they sell a card that has a truck on it, btw?). Before I mailed it, I put a Cat Scale card in it (what boy doesn't like big trucks?). It's amazing how something that takes so little time and money (under $4 and 5 minutes) can make you feel so good.

Anyway, if you're interested in participating, here's the info:

Mighty Max Low | Facebook

Quote:
Please send Max a card and help make his wish come true! His address is: Mighty Max Low C/O Greg and Bambi Low PO Box 111 Neola, IA 51559 I heard about Max from Hallmark Cards in Kansas City. I started this page to try to help spread the word so Max can get his wish. I think this is something we can all do to make this little boy a little happier! If we continue to tell family, friends, churches, schools ect. Max's wish will come true! I don't know this little guy personally so I will not be able to answer questions about him, sorry.
Mighty Max Low
C/O Greg and Bambi Low
PO Box 111
Neola, IA 51559
Old 12-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Senior Board Member

I just went one step further on this:

I posted on their Facebook page that I'm offering Max a ride and/or a tour of the truck, either this weekend or over my Christmas vacation. After all, that hospital is less than 40 miles from home. Of course, with his condition, I don't know if either is even possible, but the offer is out there.

Damnit - I've listened to "Teddy Bear" a few many times. If it came on right now, I'd probably just break down and cry my eyes out.

C'mon guys - let's help this boy have a Christmas that he'll cherish the rest of his life.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

I tend to be suspicious of these things, and the involvement of Hallmark Cards doesn't help, but this story seems legit, and if so, heart-warming. Thanks for sharing, Malaki86.