User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The big soak

Needless to say, we were holding our breaths hoping to get "some" of this, I guess it's not going to happen but it is getting cooler after tomorrow. 20" is a lot of rain.

News from The Associated Press
Old 09-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Board Icon

Good luck with 20" if it happens. You don't want it all at once but you have to take what you can get. I think we saw a grand total of 2.5-4" from Irene at the house. Va Beach supposedly saw 16" from her. All eyes in the Atlantic are on Katia now, Katrina's replacement has the folks on the coast in the Mid-Atlantic keeping close watch. Early reports are that it could turn into a monster storm and instead of skirting the coast like Irene, plow headlong into it. Some places around here are still without power nearly a week later and the power companies are saying they have no idea when it will all be restored.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Good luck with 20" if it happens. You don't want it all at once but you have to take what you can get. I think we saw a grand total of 2.5-4" from Irene at the house. Va Beach supposedly saw 16" from her. All eyes in the Atlantic are on Katia now, Katrina's replacement has the folks on the coast in the Mid-Atlantic keeping close watch. Early reports are that it could turn into a monster storm and instead of skirting the coast like Irene, plow headlong into it. Some places around here are still without power nearly a week later and the power companies are saying they have no idea when it will all be restored.
We're not going to get any of it. I was just saying it would be nice to have just a little. It sounds like Louisiana is going to get the brunt of it.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:02 AM
Senior Board Member

will it get up round ny area like irene
Old 09-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Board Icon

Not unless the Jet Stream picks it up and carries it over land as a normal storm cell Mitch. If it does somehow reach NY it will just be a little everyday rain. As they go over land they lose their moisture and intensity.

Sorry Rob, thought Lee was still tracking a bit to the West. New Orleans is in trouble again, no storm surge like Katrina to worry about but 20" and up is going to overrun them again in many places of the city. All the levee work was to stop another major storm surge from the Gulf getting in.