User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I wonder if this teaches anybody

ANYTHING!

Driver killed after trying to pass big rig on Loop 610 feeder | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
Quote:

A pickup truck driver died when he tried to pass a big rig and slammed his truck into a utility pole on the Loop 610 service road in east Houston Wednesday afternoon.
The wreck occurred in the 9500 block of North Loop East near Gellhorn about 2 p.m., according to the Houston Police Department.
Police said the man, whose name has not been released, was rushed to LBJ General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
No other injuries were reported.
Police said the man, driving a black Dodge Ram pickup, exited Loop 610 at Gellhorn. A green 18-wheeler was making a right turn onto Glesby from the North Loop service road.
The pickup driver sped around the truck on the right side, hit a curb and the bumper of the 18-wheeler's trailer and then lost control. He smashed into a utility pole and a metal pole before his pickup stopped.
[email protected]

It is to bad about the driver of the pickup....but I am glad the truck driver wasn't hurt...or cited yet.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Board Icon

Kinda sounds like the guy in the Dodge pickup was trying to 'pull a fast one', and sneak in between the truck, and the curb on his right side. Did the man in the pickup forget to slow down, when he saw a truck turning off of the service road, and thought he could sneak in behind the truck on the right side? Sounds like the pickup man was driving pretty fast.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
Kinda sounds like the guy in the Dodge pickup was trying to 'pull a fast one', and sneak in between the truck, and the curb on his right side. Did the man in the pickup forget to slow down, when he saw a truck turning off of the service road, and thought he could sneak in behind the truck on the right side? Sounds like the pickup man was driving pretty fast.
Unless they finished up and cleaned it all up in the last three months, that entire area of the I-610-I-10 interchange, has been under construction.....for the last 10 years. They are building new overpasses for I-610 across I-10 and Gelhorn is right there in that cluster-**** (I did that meself)!! It is hard to imagine someone stupid enough to think he is a nascar driver in that mess. To access Gelhorn, you were having to get off at McCarty, cross through the light and drive the length of the frontage road to Gelhorn....and that is just a boatload of truck traffic with all the truck dealerships, warehouses and parts-houses along there!!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Board Icon

Dag gum.. The guy in the pickup must have been flying!

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 08-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
ANYTHING!

Driver killed after trying to pass big rig on Loop 610 feeder | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

It is to bad about the driver of the pickup....but I am glad the truck driver wasn't hurt...or cited yet.
I'm glad too, I actualy passed that wreak, they had the area blocked off. I was curious as to what happened, now I know.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Unless they finished up and cleaned it all up in the last three months, that entire area of the I-610-I-10 interchange, has been under construction.....for the last 10 years. They are building new overpasses for I-610 across I-10 and Gelhorn is right there in that cluster-**** (I did that meself)!! It is hard to imagine someone stupid enough to think he is a nascar driver in that mess. To access Gelhorn, you were having to get off at McCarty, cross through the light and drive the length of the frontage road to Gelhorn....and that is just a boatload of truck traffic with all the truck dealerships, warehouses and parts-houses along there!!
heh, I know, one day I delivered near the loves there, slept overnight where I droped, the next day had fun becuse I had to finds another way to get onto 610, it's a mess through there