User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Truck Accessory | Thermos Holder

Hey folks! Just joined. I am a paint striper by trade. Live in my truck during the busy season. I invented a thermos holder last year and we call it the Zimmerman Thermo Buddy. We had it made in my hometown. So we are talkin to SEars and Cabelas and Pilot and Flying J. No real bites yet. Keep your fingers crossed that one of them picks it up soon!

Just sayin hello.

Safe travels out there.
Zimdaddy
Old 05-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Sounds cool. Has to be better than the Thermos holder I already have: laying it on the floor at the side of my seat.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Rookie

lol way better! just google the name if you are interested. I don't want to over step, but we are just trying to get the word out there. We hope it will be a success eventually.
Thanks for checkin in!
Zimdaddy
Old 05-07-2011, 01:43 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm not a thermos carrying guy but I wish you well.

Where I think opportunity lies with truckers is in trying to help them make use of space. The plastic cabinets they put in these trucks are a joke. They're an exercise in wasted space. Why is there no mount for a flat screen tv? Why no built in power strip? Why is everything plastic - it all squeaks and vibrates and it's nasty. I don't know about recent motor homes but the old ones had wooden drawers that stayed closed due to gravity. You had to lift the drawer a quarter inch and it would open. Simple. Brilliant. Now it's more profitable to put plastic drawers on rollers with latches to keep them closed. It all makes an insanely maddening racket and it serves no purpose!!!

You want to make money doing trucker amenities? Get the squeaks and rattles out of my truck and give me a place to put things!!!

Edit - why no place for plastic silverware? Why no papertowel holder? - there's one for you, design a paper towel holder that works even in trucks where the driver likes to leave the window open.

Edit2 - truckers use grocery store plastic bags for garbage bags - how about a trash can that incorporates the grocery store bag in a slick way?

Last edited by MichiganDriver; 05-07-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Senior Board Member

good luck.......SOme trucks have those mounted inside on the right side of the drivers seat. I think it was in a old 1990's KW, but I'm not sure. I know because I didn't know what it was and asked one of our mechanics and he told me it was to hold a thermos. This one had the thermos sitting at an slight angle as opposed to being flat like yours and it also had a hole in the middle of it that I would put a one liter of pepsi that would stand upright and not fall over.

Last edited by ronjon619; 05-07-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Senior Board Member

I've driven a few trucks that had that exact thing: a '97 KW T600, a '96 International 9900 and a '01 Freightliner Century. Too bad I didn't start carrying a thermos until last year. Now I just want one that I can plug in the cig lighter to keep my coffee nice and toasty.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Rookie

Hey everybody - thanks for all of the input. much appreciated. Ronjon - I would like to see the one you're talkin about. We could never figure out how to add a feature to have drinks stand up that weren't a thermos.

The roads were wet today from rain so I can't paint stripe. We have another company and I am helpin put up fence today around a big construction site. I have my thermos full of coffee and I have my thermos holder mounted right to the floor board. My wife uses magnets on hers and today its ridin on her tow motor. gotta love it. Gots to have my caffeine!

I hear you about the plastic. The abs plastic for the thermos holder is NOT cheap thats for sure.

Thanks again. more later after I'm done workin.

Stay safe out there.

Zimdaddy