User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Missionaries in Haiti

I guess yall have heard about the American missionaries that were arrested, jailed in Haiti. The last I heard, they were released from Jail, and are back home. I did hear that they might have to go back to jail, if the Haiti judge requests it?
What would happen if the Haiti judge requested them to go back to Haiti? Would the authorities here in the US force the missionaries to go back, or would they just be free? Would Haiti actually come to the US, get them, and take them back?
If it was me, I'd say, "Sorry Mr. Haiti judge. Better luck next time!"

What do yall think? Do yall think the missionaries will have to go back to Haiti after getting back home?

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Considering the fact that one of them has had questionable endeavors for years, she is probably going to have to face some music. If any of the rest will be called back, I suspect it will be more a matter of being witnesses against her. I think their ordeal is mostly over. They were implicated because they were with her, but she was the leader.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Board Icon

I think Windy's got it pegged pretty good. There were TWO who were the ringleaders, and who "apparently" had been down there and planning something like this all along. The "other" 8 were just gullible Christian "Activists." Although.... ANY group of WHITE people from IDAHO are suspect IMHO! :lol2:

I don't mean to be offensive, nor do I like delving into the basement of human activities.... but, there ARE American families who are SO NEEDY of a child to adopt, and perhaps not able to pass all the hurdles, who would PAY whatever is necessary to take advantage of a situation like this. :hellno:

I don't know MUCH about it, but I find it interesting that, with SO MANY American children needing to be adopted, a WHOLE GROUP of "White" Americans from one of the most .... um.... WHITE areas of the country would be down there in an instant taking kids without papers, and KNOWLINGLY with parents.... and trying to cross the border with them.

Now.... I was BORN in Idaho.... so don't give me no chit! But, this is WEIRD! :hellno:

Y'all don't want to KNOW what I think is "really" happening here!

Now.... IF everything is above board, and this is a Christian church on a mission to HELP Haitians.... you KNOW I am all for it!

But, I think 8 people are LUCKY to be back home in America and only under an umbrella of suspicion. There are 2 remaining who need to answer alot of questions!

I ALSO think that, under the devastating circumstances, what was LEFT of the Haitian government stood TALL here to protect their people, and to fire a "shot heard round the world" that their children are NOT "for sale" to the highest bidder.

They will NEED their youth if they are to survive and grow as a nation. There are MANY Haitians whose children were killed in collapses of SCHOOLS on that day! We have NO IDEA! But, we should let the people of Haiti do what people DO in these times. Distant cousins will take these children in and raise them. This is what people do!

When all is said and done, there will STILL be many Haitian children to be adopted within or without the country. But.... one week AFTER such an event, for a group to go into that country, without PRIOR agreements (as was the case in OTHER adoption situations) and try to ILLEGALLY cross the border under the cover of "disaster relief" with children that were not even bonafide "orphans," is just absolutely SICK.... and WRONG!

I don't know any more than the rest of you do.... but, IMHO.... there was some "trafficking" going on here, and I am GLAD that it was caught when it was!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:38 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I think Windy's got it pegged pretty good.
Thanks, Hobo. And, if you don't read the wrong meaning into what I write, you'll find that I have most things pegged pretty good.:lol::lol2::clap::bow::smokin:

Old 02-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
When all is said and done, there will STILL be many Haitian children to be adopted within or without the country. But.... one week AFTER such an event, for a group to go into that country, without PRIOR agreements (as was the case in OTHER adoption situations) and try to ILLEGALLY cross the border under the cover of "disaster relief" with children that were not even bonafide "orphans," is just absolutely SICK.... and WRONG!

I don't know any more than the rest of you do.... but, IMHO.... there was some "trafficking" going on here, and I am GLAD that it was caught when it was!

I didn't realize that. I must have misunderstood the story. I thought that they were missionaries that were serving over there. I didn't realize they all just flew over there, right after the earthquake.

http://watsonsysco.com/