LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah jeez Gary....Surely you saw them fuel hawgs they pull in MI! I bet they don't put much more than 12,400....maybe 12,600 gallons in that pig! Back in the day....IF I was to want to show impressive productivity numbers instead of haul legal...I could stuff one of the 8-axle jobbies in WA with 12,600. And still pull the hills around Seattle!! :lol2:

IF you go to driving one of them there hawgs.....get Wildkat to come up and teach you to back it up....I just know she can do it real good!!!

Be kewl Gary...DO NOT FEED THE BEARS!!!! Especially from the back porch!! :lol2: :lol2:
LOL Stan...matter of fact I DO know how to back those things up! When I first went back to hauling just ONE trailer I was kinda concerned that I forgotten how to back up just ONE...it took a few tries but I finally remembered how to get it done!

I know the weight limits in Alaska are very similar to ours...so the Super B pictured would gross out at about 135,000 LBS, we used to be able to haul 50,000 litres in our B's, so that would be roughly 13,000 gallons, I don't think you can even get that into one trailer can you?

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"

Last edited by wildkat; 08-16-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat View Post
LOL Stan...matter of fact I DO know how to back those things up! When I first went back to hauling just ONE trailer I was kinda concerned that I forgotten how to back up just ONE...it took a few tries but I finally remembered how to get it done!

I know the weight limits in Alaska are very similar to ours...so the Super B pictured would gross out at about 135,000 LBS, we used to be able to haul 50,000 litres in our B's, so that would be roughly 13,000 gallons, I don't think you can even get that into one trailer can you?
WK.......Back when I hauled fuel, I did so in the Puget Sound region. We had 4 axle trucks, pulling 4 axle trailers. On the truck, we could stuff it to the sensors with 5,100 gallons, and the trailer, we could stuff with 7,600 gallons....depending on the outside temperature. At 50 degrees F, we could do a good job of stuffing!

Made our productivity look awesome, and you know how them college kids are about productivity....right??

Never did get an over-weight ticket...but then..we always drove around the scales....IF they were open...back then. :lol::lol::lol:
Old 08-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Senior Board Member
Wink

So....How is the "Slacking" going for our NEWBIE Alaskan???
Old 08-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
So....How is the "Slacking" going for our NEWBIE Alaskan???
Going great Stanley! Houseboy is done with yardwork for the day and will be headed out to the Lowe River this evening for some rafting. All in a days work for a former coolie carrier driver!:moon:

Speaking of which.........I was outside of Valdez yesterday and saw two Carlile trucks sitting together with a couple of (drivers) hanging out. I stopped and asked if they minded me shooting a couple of pics for my brother who is a mega Ice Road Truckers fan. I told them about my history as a coolie carrier/tanker driver and we shared a few laughs and then they took this cool pic of this handsome fellow.:thumbsup::lol: As I was departing this (driver) [so I thought anyways] handed me his business card (after I had produced my Alaska CDL) and told me to call him personally if I was interested in driving up here. His business card read: Harry McDonald, Carlile Transportation Systems, Chief Executive Officer.

Heh heh. The die has been cast! Looks like it might be time for me to teach a few more lessons?

Yes, Captain Morgan rules!!!

Old 08-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Talking

We've got a hot load of honey for Golfhobo to deliver..................

Driver unload of course Golfhobo! Don't break any jars else Winnie might come by to see ya..............:moon: and help you pawprint that load!:lol::lol:

Allison Point, Prince William Sound...............

Old 08-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Going great Stanley! Houseboy is done with yardwork for the day and will be headed out to the Lowe River this evening for some rafting. All in a days work for a former coolie carrier driver!:moon:

Speaking of which.........I was outside of Valdez yesterday and saw two Carlile trucks sitting together with a couple of (drivers) hanging out. I stopped and asked if they minded me shooting a couple of pics for my brother who is a mega Ice Road Truckers fan. I told them about my history as a coolie carrier/tanker driver and we shared a few laughs and then they took this cool pic of this handsome fellow.:thumbsup::lol: As I was departing this (driver) [so I thought anyways] handed me his business card (after I had produced my Alaska CDL) and told me to call him personally if I was interested in driving up here. His business card read: Harry McDonald, Carlile Transportation Systems, Chief Executive Officer.

Heh heh. The die has been cast! Looks like it might be time for me to teach a few more lessons?
I trust you educated them on the ins and outs of Line 5 time....
Old 08-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Yes, Captain Morgan rules!!!

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
Aaaaaaah Jeez!! You do realize that I place Carlile at about the same place on the scale as you place CRST...Don't ya??? I don't care if you get to giggle with Harry's daughter Summer!! They still.......... :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: !!!!

Glad to see you haven't fed them bears yet! Be careful...be vewy vewy careful!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Senior Board Member

[QUOTE=belpre122;459404]

Above ground section of the pipline near Valdez.

Isn't the entire pipeline above ground? :lol:
Old 08-25-2009, 05:04 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Wink

[quote=Creek Jackson;460159]
Quote:

Isn't the entire pipeline above ground? :lol:
Actually it runs about half and half Creek. 400 miles above, and 400 miles below ground. Pipeline is only above ground over perma-frost areas.:thumbsup:

There's your education for today Creek! Would you like to hear some of my thoughts on coolie carriers?:whistle::clap:

Old 08-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote=belpre122;460260]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Jackson View Post

Actually it runs about half and half Creek. 400 miles above, and 400 miles below ground. Pipeline is only above ground over perma-frost areas.:thumbsup:

There's your education for today Creek! Would you like to hear some of my thoughts on coolie carriers?:whistle::clap:

So whats new in AK Bear Bait??