User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sealink card/port of nj/ny help

OK I got the shaft Thur/Friday this past week. I always knew about the Sealink card that the terminal required, and when the boss asked about this load, he was told that our TWIC card would work in place of a Sealink card. So off to the races I go, get everything loaded, recall the agent, again getting a reassurance that TWIC will work....6 hours later I pull into Maher Termainal, ready and with 3 reloads waiting(2 shorts, and a return) I get turned away because of no Sealink....I call the boss late and advise him, at which we waited until morning and tried it again. Same result. Apparently when the agent kept assuring us it would work, it was by verifying with another of her co-waorkers, not the Terminal. Short story. I missed all 3 loads, and around 3 pm finally had another company offload it for me.

So...for those of you familiar with Sealink. Can I deliver any container with just a Sealink card, or does the agents name for each container delivered need to be listed on the card? I had one a couple years ago on a load from Landstar but when I picked up for Universal, I had to go through the process to add them, is it also the same to deliver loaded ones?

BTW It wasnt until I was offloaded, that we started talking and I realized that I had a sealink at one time, and could have just applied for a lost.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Board Regular

Wow, that sounds like it was one giant headache! I have never heard of a Sealink card before. Figured since they were making everyone get these TWIC cards that it would be a sort of universal card that would work at all the ports, well I guess not. Well, good luck and take care.

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:40 PM

all the hazmat guys at our place just had to get the tw card no one has sealink tho. but we dont do containers.