Bend over some more folks.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 01-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

They build the highway with tax dollars, then charge you a tax to drive on it. Just another tax increase. Get ready for more. :tears:
Old 01-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Senior Board Member

New Pa. Turnpike Toll Rates Begin Sunday - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

Quote:
WESTMORELAND COUNTY, Pa. -- The cost of gasoline may be going down, but the cost of driving the Pennsylvania turnpike is about to go up.A 25 percent toll increase goes into effect Jan. 4."I think that's just a cost of being able to travel today," said driver Maria Chick. "With everything else being so expensive -- trying to maintain our highways and keep up with things -- I think we need that."
Tolls will continue to rise 3 percent each year, with the money going toward turnpike improvements.Some of the revenue will also help fix other roads and bridges."Three percent every January? I don't think they need that much money to fix the turnpike. They just need to manage their money better," said driver Rebekah McLaughlin.Turnpike CEO Joe Brimmeier said the rate hike is necessary to upgrade the road, but also to pay back billons borrowed to build highways."For the first time, toll income isn't only going back into our toll roads, but helping to fund infrastructure improvements in every corner of Pennsylvania," said Brimmeier.Turnpike tolls also fund Brimmeirer's $178,000 yearly salary -- $8,000 more than Gov. Ed Rendell's income.The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission said it laid off about 20 workers, gave 20 others early retirements, and left 20 jobs vacant to save money.Higher tolls will provide the state with $1 billion more to spend.On average, drivers will spend 95 cents instead of 75 each time they take the turnpike.The exceptions are toll road 43 in Fayette County and the 576 Findlay connector. Their rates will remain unchanged.When the turnpike opened in the 1940s, the cost per driver was one penny per mile.
To run the length of the PA turnpike from Ohio to Delaware:
Quote:
Your Current Toll is:

Your Cash Toll Amount is $140.00 AND $15.00 at the Gateway Toll Plaza - Eastbound

Beginning January 4, 2009:

Your Cash Toll Amount will be $175.00 AND $18.75 at the Gateway Toll Plaza - Eastbound

Your E-Z Pass Toll Amount will be $175.00 AND $18.75 at the Gateway Toll Plaza - Eastbound

357 miles for $175 - hmmm - $0.49 per mile

Last edited by Malaki86; 01-03-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

If you start up a "PYRAMID SCHEME", the law comes after you. The thing that makes it illegal is the theory that once everyone in the country gets in on it, the last ones into it will be loosing money, rather than making it. It's impossible for the money-making to carry through for everyone. Yet, this concept of toll roads is the biggest one of all, when it comes to commercial vehicles. That toll is passed on via "cost of delivery". PA is going to turn I-80 into a toll road, WY is going to make I-80 a toll road, and toll roads are the wave of the future.

Currently, if the load goes across the PA Turnpike, it means that people in Columbus, OH, Cincinnatti, OH, Indianapolis, IN, etc are paying for PA's pet projects. But, as the toll roads become more and more popular, those same people in PA, and WY, etc will be paying for everyone else's pet projects but their own, and it would be far cheaper for them to simply pay their own expenses, and avoid all the commissions, handling fees, wages, taxes, and salaries. When you add all that in, it will end up being far cheaper to just pay for your own pet projects, and let everybody else pay for their own too.

Toll roads should be banned and considered the same as pyramid schemes. A scam, and a con game.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If enough drivers come off the toll roads then they will start to lose some of those huge profits they expect t make off of their increases. They can go up all they want. I don't use them anyway. Toll roads are a big scam. The worst maintained roads in this country are toll roads. These crooked states like to collect our fuel taxes and tolls too. I suggest you contact your elected representatives and explain your position on toll roads. I would also start supporting those who are running against these crooks in office.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
They can go up all they want. I don't use them anyway. Toll roads are a big scam. The worst maintained roads in this country are toll roads.
If you don't run them, how do you know they are the worst maintained?

Actually, I have to disagree. Most of the toll roads I run are maintained quite well. Much better than the non-toll roads. The OH turnpike is a great example. Very well maintained road, and as soon as you jump off the toll road onto I-80, it goes to hell.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Senior Board Member

As for PA turning I-80 into a toll road, that's not going to happen. The federal government already stopped that plan.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
As for PA turning I-80 into a toll road, that's not going to happen. The federal government already stopped that plan.
For now. Them D%#Ks in Harrisburg are trying to figure out a new way to Toll I80.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 01-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
The last thing I saw was in "TRUCKERS NEWS". An article that said they had already gone beyond the first steps to get it approved. The first year, it is supposed to be $125 for a truck to go from one end to the other, and the second year (and for how many years after that) up to $250. That will jack up the cost of delivery for anything coming out of NYC, and make customers look to other ports to import goods. Places like Baltimore, Norfolk, Savannah, and even New Orleans could see an increase in shipping, while NYC/s long shormen line up at job service.

If it has been stopped since I read that article, it makes me happy. Not that I get to run I-80 a lot, but it would still make me happy. As to the existing PA Turnpike, I find that if I drop down a few miles, I-68 proves to be a much better road, with no tolls. It's W I D E R than the PA Pike, and from my memory, smoother too.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
The last thing I saw was in "TRUCKERS NEWS". An article that said they had already gone beyond the first steps to get it approved. The first year, it is supposed to be $125 for a truck to go from one end to the other, and the second year (and for how many years after that) up to $250. That will jack up the cost of delivery for anything coming out of NYC, and make customers look to other ports to import goods. Places like Baltimore, Norfolk, Savannah, and even New Orleans could see an increase in shipping, while NYC/s long shormen line up at job service.

If it has been stopped since I read that article, it makes me happy. Not that I get to run I-80 a lot, but it would still make me happy. As to the existing PA Turnpike, I find that if I drop down a few miles, I-68 proves to be a much better road, with no tolls. It's W I D E R than the PA Pike, and from my memory, smoother too.
Federal Government Rejects Adding Tolls To I-80 - kdka.com

As for I-68,one of the roads I avoid at all cost if possible,hate that road. Unfortuntely with hauling hazmat alot I have to run it more than I care to.