User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anyone else see this?

This afternoon I was coming out of Jersey on I-78. In the construction area just before the PA line, there was a car vs truck wreck, right around the 3 mile marker.

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it sure as hell looked like the tractor trailer was trying to do a u-turn in the median. The truck was in a cross-over, perfectly in line. It looked like the car couldn't miss the truck (wet roads) and slid underneath of the trailer.

If that trucker was trying to flip around on the cross-over, I hope the NJ DOT reams him a new one.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Were they east or westbound? I was through there this morning, eastbound for the first time in a long time. Have you been over the moguls I'm assuming they're trying to fix? They're worse now than thev've ever been. It would be a gig surprise to hear the world's largest speedbumps haven't caused an accident or three. Phooey on the 50 mph . . it needs to be more like 15.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdswans View Post
Were they east or westbound? I was through there this morning, eastbound for the first time in a long time. Have you been over the moguls I'm assuming they're trying to fix? They're worse now than thev've ever been. It would be a gig surprise to hear the world's largest speedbumps haven't caused an accident or three. Phooey on the 50 mph . . it needs to be more like 15.
Buckle up and hold on tight because everything that is not nailed down will hit the floor:lol:. I do that stretch every week.:thumbsup:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 12-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Both the truck and car were heading west, and yes, those speed bumps/ski jumps was where the accident was.

I agree with the speed. 50mph - ya, right. At 45 you can get some decent hang time coming off the lips of some of those jumps.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

i drive up and down I-78 all the time. nobody in nj knows how to drive when the roads are wet. there are always accidents on that road when it rains. i have lived here for 6 years and without fail there is always one. usually it occurs during the rain or just after it has stopped. i have seen the heli-vac a few times.

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller