User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default A question for Canadians

This has nil to do with trucking, just interested to know something.

How many Canadians have you run into that are fluent in both French and English? I think it was Prime Minister Trudeau who made French the second official language of Canada, alongside English, at the behest of the French majority in Quebec back in the '60s...I may be wrong about that.

I ask because our next president, Osama Hussein Obama, has stated he wants to mandate that all of us here in the states learn Spanish (then, of course, he cites an example of American ignorance...in French).

So, since you all have had two official languages for a long time, how's that working out?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Given that I am a Canadian who is fluently bilingual by CHOICE, it has become a valuable asset to me over the years. Although IMO, I believe that biligualism has cost Canadian tax payers much more money than acutally necessary. In many cases, hard working & good potential employees are being passed up when filling positions....at Federal, Provincial & Municipal levels.

Others may have different opinions.