User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Well well well

Well well well, I get home today and what do I find? I find a post card from Schneider advertising about a dedicated run! So I go down to the Edwardsville yard and they tell me you have to be 21. I said alright and asked about positions available in the shop. I talked to the shop manager and he told me just offered a guy a job and he asked what kind of experience I had so I told him truck detailing. He told me to go to http://www.schneiderjobs.com so I do and filled out an application and that is it for now! It would be pretty sweet to work at the pumpkin! 8)
Old 05-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Board Regular

ok....I lived in Edwardsville and Glen Carbon for 5 years and my wife lived their for 14....She worked as a shift leader at the fuel desk in Troy and also at Big Dugas......where is the Schneider yard? BTW Double L...good luck man.

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 05-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Senior Board Member

First of all let's start with they built the Gateway Commerce Center off of I-270 exit 3 a 1/2 mile from where the Flying J is at. They just built a Blue Beacon and Speedco across from the Henhouse. I noticed that USF Holland also has a terminal at Gateway Commerce Center, Schneider built their OC in edwardsville about 2 years ago. Technically it's all in Pontoon Beach but why they say the yard is in Edwardsville is beyond me. :? I think Gateway Commerce Center is about 8 years old it maybe younger than that I don't remember when it was built. But they did recently build another warehouse on at the intersection of 111 and New Poag Road. Gateway Commerce Center is just a series of big warehouses and oh yeah I forgot Buske's main terminal is there to but it says Granite City as the main office so I think they are on the other side of Gateway across 111. I tell ya what it's pretty damn big!!! You can also get to Schneider's OC by taking 255 until you see the Gateway Commerce Center exit and it's right there! Schneider's OC seems small and tight pack up close but it's nice, I can tell ya that! 8)
Old 05-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Board Regular

They started building the GCC shortly before the Flying J was finished, but now I know where your talking about. I drove for PFD out of Lebanon hauling McDonalds for 4 years.

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 05-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Senior Board Member

I see I see and honestly I wouldn't live anywhere else cause the job opportunities will just keep going up since this is the gateway to west and east!
Old 05-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Good luck to you. Who knows? Perhaps you might end up deciding to become a diesel technician, rather than a driver? Sky's the limit, just be sure to investigate such opportunities when they come your way.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Would be nice to do it at Schneider for awhile and then drive for them when I turn 21 but I'm still waiting to hear back about the driving job at the trash hauler driving a rolloff trash truck.