User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 01:28 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 7 axle dumptruck?!?

I'm still waiting to get some experience under my belt before I dive in and buy a dump truck ... also waiting for the market to start to improve (yeah right, huh?) ... anyhow, while doing my normal "daydreaming" I was checking an auction site and I came across a 7 axle dumptruck ... I was amazed, as I'd never heard of a 7 axle! Not only do they have 1 for sale on there, they've got TWO for sale! (Starting bids on 'em is 2k)

--Dave.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I don't remember the company or just where they are located, but I do remember seeing tank trucks, I think propane, that were set up almost exactly like that. Tandem steers and all. They carry some pretty heavy loads. As I understand it, the drivers LIKE them. But it has to be a real hit on the wallet to replace the steers on them.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
I don't remember the company or just where they are located, but I do remember seeing tank trucks, I think propane, that were set up almost exactly like that. Tandem steers and all. They carry some pretty heavy loads. As I understand it, the drivers LIKE them. But it has to be a real hit on the wallet to replace the steers on them.
There are some CENEX trucks running around Wisconsin set up like that. I don't know if they haul fuel or fertilizer or what.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Some of the cement mixers here have a similar setup, although it's two steers, two drives, and two pushers. IIRC, they can still only gross 74k on them (here, anyhow). I don't know what that equates to in yards or tons, as I really don't know what the empty weight of them is. We also have some O/O's who run centipedes (two drive axles, one steer axle, four pushers), but I couldn't tell you a thing about them. If we did hire them, it was only ever to haul stock material, as they were much too cumbersome for a typical asphalt project.