User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 04:11 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default So what's the deal with WAGONS???

How would you compare driving a wiggle wagon to a dry box? I applied to a company that preferred drivers with doubles experience, although they are willing to train.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:45 AM
Default post

When it comes to wet or slippery roads, snow, etc. speed and following distance are everything and the short of it is, not to worry about the second trailer it will follow you all the way home. This was the advice I recieved my only training in doubles years ago, the only other thing I learned was that I could only back them up about ten feet. Don't worry especially since they will train you, just pay attention and use common sence. Good luck!
Old 03-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i agree, just check the back wagon to make sure it is back ther and still has lights and tires. it is going to bounce around on you and kick a little bit, nothing to get scared about...unless you spend the whole ride watching it in your mirrors. other than that really no different than a 53 van.