User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Just don't get it...math is important!

I was standing in a line to once and a driver came in and was asking how he could move his axles to get the load under 80400 gross. It was funny but also a bit pathetic to hear other drivers trying to explain to this guy how there was nothing he could do to get it under gross. The guy just couldn't get it. Finally he left somewhat embarrased.

Steven

Favorite Quote: Anyone can drive a truck, but not everyone is a Truck Driver.

StevenD
Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM

The occasional driver may have math problems but when it comes to real math midgets, nobody beats the dispatchers.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trux
The occasional driver may have math problems but when it comes to real math midgets, nobody beats the dispatchers.
:lol:

You've got that right. They think because 2 cities are close on the country overview map, they don't take that long to drive.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Senior Board Member

He could just pick eight tires and let 50 pounds of air out of each one :wink: .

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)
Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 PM

Maybe if he threw out all of his personal belongings, and got out of the truck himself, he would be legal. Truck wouldn't move of course, but it would be legal. Then again, if he can't figure out that 80400>80000 then maybe getting out of the truck is for the best
Old 11-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Just don't get it...math is important!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD
I was standing in a line to once and a driver came in and was asking how he could move his axles to get the load under 80400 gross. It was funny but also a bit pathetic to hear other drivers trying to explain to this guy how there was nothing he could do to get it under gross. The guy just couldn't get it. Finally he left somewhat embarrased.

Steven
one time, I loaded my tank and pulled on the scale, the guy said, you are 1500 pounds over, is there anything you can take off your truck? I said, sorry, my girlfriend isnt with me. He didnt get it, but I thought it was funny.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Tell me about it like the time I picked up out of Yuma AZ the Mexican loading me goes can you haul 50K in the trailer I am like 46K max. He went and put in 56K in I had to have them remove 10K out of the box. No way in HELL was I going to try to get to PA 5 tons OVER GROSS.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Board Regular

Last week, I was over axle on my tandems by 560 lbs. I had guessed the correct place to put the tandems on round one. The drives were legal and the only way to make the tandems legal was to take off a pallet.

I went back to the shipper, whom conincidentally was also another trucking company and explained that one of the pallets needed to be removed. I was quite surprised when one of the guys asked, "can you move the tandems to make it legal?" Now, I don't know about you guys but I was rather "miffed" I think he thought that since I was a blonde that I didn't know what I was doing.

I was quite pleased with myself when I handed him the scale ticket and he realized that the "good looking blonde" was actually RIGHT. Imagine that a three year driver who actually knows what's what?!?

Too funny. Wish I had a video camea of his expression when he realized that I was right. He was so determined to be able to "correct my misinterpretation." I almost made a remark "Well I guess after three years of driving I should know something huh?" Decided that his perplexed expression was enough satisfaction for me! 8) :roll:
Old 11-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle
Last week, I was over axle on my tandems by 560 lbs. I had guessed the correct place to put the tandems on round one. The drives were legal and the only way to make the tandems legal was to take off a pallet.

I went back to the shipper, whom conincidentally was also another trucking company and explained that one of the pallets needed to be removed. I was quite surprised when one of the guys asked, "can you move the tandems to make it legal?" Now, I don't know about you guys but I was rather "miffed" I think he thought that since I was a blonde that I didn't know what I was doing.

I was quite pleased with myself when I handed him the scale ticket and he realized that the "good looking blonde" was actually RIGHT. Imagine that a three year driver who actually knows what's what?!?

Too funny. Wish I had a video camea of his expression when he realized that I was right. He was so determined to be able to "correct my misinterpretation." I almost made a remark "Well I guess after three years of driving I should know something huh?" Decided that his perplexed expression was enough satisfaction for me! 8) :roll:
lol, no reason to add insult to it. Actualy you probably get that look quite often by the way you said that. I'd love to see some of those looks.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:
Originally Posted by trux
:lol:

You've got that right. They think because 2 cities are close on the country overview map, they don't take that long to drive.
or they say you ca get from gary to the wisconsin border w/in the hour in the middle of the day simply becuse they are less than 60 miles apart, they forget that fancy softwere doesn't take into account that big traffic jam called chicago