User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hazmat violation

I am from IL (Chicago area) and when I renewed my CDL, I reapplied for the hazmat also, they give you a certain amount of time to get fingerprinted but I started at a new job and they said they do not require H-M. I received a letter from the S.O.S stating that they are dropping the CDL and I would have to go through the whole process of getting my CDL again. I have since taked the written tests and need to know where you can go to do the driving test. I do not have access to a T-T, and driving schools want money to take a refresher course and then take the skills test. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Contact the Third party testers in your area and up in Wisconsin, in some cases they will (for a fee" allow you to test out in their trucks if they have them.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Hazmat violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmopar40
I am from IL (Chicago area) and when I renewed my CDL, I reapplied for the hazmat also, they give you a certain amount of time to get fingerprinted but I started at a new job and they said they do not require H-M. I received a letter from the S.O.S stating that they are dropping the CDL and I would have to go through the whole process of getting my CDL again. I have since taked the written tests and need to know where you can go to do the driving test. I do not have access to a T-T, and driving schools want money to take a refresher course and then take the skills test. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how can they drop your cdl after you renewed it? did I miss something?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
Well...he is from Chicago....probably didn't include his "Tithing" with his renewal.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Quote:
Well...he is from Chicago....probably didn't include his "Tithing" with his renewal.
that explains it alright
Old 08-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Rookie

In Illinois, if you do not go through the finger printing process, the Sec. of state can take your license away, it used to be that they just dropped the endorsement but not any more.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
In Illinois, if you do not go through the finger printing process, the Sec. of state can take your license away, it used to be that they just dropped the endorsement but not any more.

BULL :dung:
Old 08-18-2007, 01:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:

That is what I said to the secretary of state, the person in charge of CDL's
Old 08-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is what I said to the secretary of state, the person in charge of

L's

Secretary of State Jesse White
Skip to Content
SERVICES PROGRAMS PRESS PUBLICATIONS DEPARTMENTS CONTACT

Commercial Drivers License

Home > Departments > Drivers > Cdl > Hazardous Materials Endorsement

Hazardous Materials Endorsement

Commercial Driver License Holders with Hazardous Materials Endorsement

Effective January 31, 2005, the Illinois Secretary of State will begin implementing the new federally mandated fingerprinting and background check requirement for obtaining a Hazardous Materials Endorsement established by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Commercial Driver License (CDL) holders applying for a first time (new) Hazardous Materials Endorsement will be required to submit to a fingerprint background records check prior to issuance of the Hazardous Materials Endorsement.

Effective May 31, 2005, all CDL holders presently holding a Hazardous Materials Endorsement will be required to submit to a fingerprint background records check prior to renewing their CDL with a Hazardous Materials Endorsement. If a CDL applicant with a Hazardous Material Endorsement is renewing AFTER the EXPIRATION DATE of the CDL the Hazardous Material Endorsement CANNOT BE RETAINED until the results of the background records check are received from TSA.

Applicants who wish to renew their CDL with a Hazardous Materials Endorsement will need to begin this process 30 days prior to the expiration date on their CDL.

Procedure for obtaining a TSA Security Threat Assessment

INTEGRATED BIOMETRIC TECHNOLOGY (IBT) is the authorized contractor for the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA's) hazmat threat assessment program. Please follow the 4 step procedure noted below to apply for a security threat assessment. (Please note: Applicants with or applying for a hazmat endorsement on their Illinois CDL will be unable to obtain the endorsement until a security threat assessment clearance has been received by the Driver Services Department of the Illinois Secretary of State's Office.)

Step 1- Completing the Application
Applicants should complete the TSA HAZPRINT application on the IBT website at www.hazprints.com, or by calling the IBT Driver Service Center at 1-877-HAZPRINT (1-877-429-7746). The operator at the IBT Driver Service Center will guide the applicant through the process and ensure the application is completed correctly. The applicant can also call the IBT Driver Service Center at any time if he or she has any questions about the website. It is important to note that the application must be completed either on-line or via telephone through the IBT Driver Service Center prior to arriving at the fingerprint capture location. It cannot be completed at the fingerprinting site.

The cost of the security threat assessment is $94. There are two forms of payment accepted: credit cards (MasterCard, VISA or Discover) or a money order. Cash will not be accepted. The applicant may pay by credit card directly on the website or by providing the information to the operator at the IBT Driver Service Center. Electronic payments are the most secure and convenient for the applicant, and will save time at the fingerprint collection site. For those who choose not to pay electronically, the applicant must bring to the fingerprint collection site a money order in the amount of $94, made payable to Integrated Biometric Technology, LLC. Please remember, whatever payment method is chosen by the applicant, he or she must complete the application either on-line or by calling the IBT Driver Service Center in advance of the fingerprint appointment. IBT will be unable to fingerprint an applicant who has not completed the TSA HAZPRINT application and paid the $94 fee.

Step 2- Fingerprint Process
IBT provides over 100 fixed and mobile sites nationwide. The hazprints website or the IBT Driver Service Center provides the most up-to-date listings of current locations, operating hours and driving directions to the site of the applicant's choice. Applicants from any of the participating states can be fingerprinted at any of the IBT fingerprinting sites, even sites outside of their home state. Applicants will be required to provide two (2) forms of identification prior to being fingerprinted. Please refer to the List of Acceptable Primary and Secondary Forms of Identification on the hazprints website or contact the IBT Driver Service Center for details. In addition, the applicant will be asked at the fingerprint site to review and electronically sign the application to verify accuracy of the information.
PLEASE NOTE: IBT staff at the fingerprint capture location will only be able to collect and forward the electronic TSA HAZPRINT application and fingerprints. They do not have access to specific information about the program, nor will they receive status reports after the submission of the application and fingerprints are made.

IBT Fingerprint Vendor Locations

Step 3- Security Threat Assessment
Based on the data provided on the TSA HAZPRINT application, TSA will perform a threat assessment for each applicant. The results of this assessment will be provided directly to the applicant's state Department of Motor Vehicles. The applicant will also receive a letter from TSA with the results of the assessment.

Step 4- Status
If the applicant has not received a letter from TSA in approximately 6 weeks after he or she has been fingerprinted, information on the status of the application should be available at the IBT Driver Service Center at 1-877-HAZPRINT (1-877-429-7746).

Following these basic steps will improve both the timeliness and accuracy of the process and ensure the best overall service for all applicants.

ADVISORY NOTICE
Important: The Secretary of State's Office will not issue a Hazardous Materials Endorsement to your CDL until the results of your background records check are successfully completed by T.S.A. and the Secretary of State is notified. Upon notification from TSA, the Secretary of State's Office will notify you in order for you to return to a CDL Facility for issuance of a Hazardous Materials Endorsement.

BACK TO CYBERDRIVEILLINOIS.COM HOME PAGE