User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default trucks with insanely huge sleepers

There's some thread around here with a post that has a picture of a Grabeal truck with a tractor so huge it has a drop axle in the middle. There was some debate over whether the image had been photoshopped. I can't find the post.

I'm trying to find that picture, and any others similar to it, so I can try to give my wife some idea what I saw yesterday. The one I saw was leased to/operated by/whatever Grabeal too. No drop on that one, but it was absolutely frickin' ENORMOUS.

I simply must remember to take my camera from now on, now that I'm on the road again.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: trucks with insanely huge sleepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan
There's some thread around here with a post that has a picture of a Grabeal truck with a tractor so huge it has a drop axle in the middle. There was some debate over whether the image had been photoshopped. I can't find the post.

I'm trying to find that picture, and any others similar to it, so I can try to give my wife some idea what I saw yesterday. The one I saw was leased to/operated by/whatever Grabeal too. No drop on that one, but it was absolutely frickin' ENORMOUS.

I simply must remember to take my camera from now on, now that I'm on the road again.
Those bedbuggers like the huge sleepers, no doubt. :lol:
Old 03-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

I remember the pic you are refering to and I believe it came from Grabeal's recruitment ad. In fact, you you pick up the latest issue of "Protrucker" rag, you'll see it on pg. 30
Old 03-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Quote:

I remember the pic you are refering to and I believe it came from Grabeal's recruitment ad. In fact, you you pick up the latest issue of "Protrucker" rag, you'll see it on pg. 30
Nope - the truck that is in the Graebel ad is not the one that has the pusher axle under the sleeper.

The thread you were referring to is here.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Rookie

I've seen that truck. You're talking about the KW with heavy fronts and a drop axle in the middle?

It ain't photoshopped. Blew me away when I saw it. :shock:
Old 03-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Old 03-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
The thread you were referring to is here.
Yeah, that's the one. Thanks a bunch. That thing is a T600 isn't it? Crikey.

The one I saw was a Freightshaker of some flavor, and it didn't have the balloon front tires or the drop axle, so I guess it was shorter than that.

I'm glad I'm not driving that tub. I have enough trouble with a regular T600. I finally screwed up and took a wrong turn, and had to take a U-turn for my first time in a full sized tractor with a 53' trailer. I could have whipped my li'l ol' stick wagon around without getting into the gravel on the shoulder. That almost got ugly.

(Of course now that New Energy Bedrooms, Inc. is out of the stick hauling business, I guess everybody who's left is running full sized trucks anyway. That's what put us under. We couldn't do back hauls with a single-axle unless it was sticks, and nobody manufacturers sticks in the USA anymore. I think I picked up the last load from the last American furniture manufacturer last June. Sigh.)