User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Is this just another place to grip about companies??

I have been reading this stuff for about 3 weeks now. Just started posting the other day, and yes I am kinda a smart a**, and for that I apoligize...just can't hear the sarcasm in my voice through the computer. Here is the question. Is it just me or are these message boards just like the CB radio?? One person complaining about their company. Another complaining about someone elses company. Although some people use it to gain info that will help them make a decision for there life, but that again turns into someone complaining about their company. I am not trying to start an argument, just wondering if I am the only person that sees this, maybe i am way wrong.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You are right and this is one of the problems with this industry. Some of the bad rap truck drivers get is self inficted. It is a tough industry with just the day to day truck driving problems and it is getting tiring hearing people complain about their job. If trucking is so bad get out and find a job that does not require driving. NOBODY is forcing this job on you.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Senior Board Member

well driver you don't have to listen to the CB and you don't have to come here.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 02-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Some people may need to gripe a bit- its not like they have anybody else out there with them who will listen!-sorta' like a 'release', thats all.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Jed, these things are called "bitch boards" for a reason...
Usually on any message board, the majority are there to complain about the way they've been treated by their company (or ex-company).

However, with all that being said, this is one of the better boards that you will find out there. There is a wealth of knowledge here. For someone just going into the industry, this site should be required reading. Sometimes you won't like what you hear, some of it is just unhappy people venting and a lot of it is straight forward advice that is almost priceless.

Throw everything you get on here in a big pile and sort through it to find what info is beneficial to you and just let the rest of it lie.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:42 AM

Yeah, there's a lot of whining, but there's a lot of other stuff, too. Personally, the driver feedback on companies is what drew me here in the first place. When choosing a company to apply to, I specifically searched for comments on my prospects and used the info I found to weed out the duds. So even the bitchin' serves a useful purpose, but if you don't want to read it, then don't. Nobody's going to make you. Just close that window and open up a different thread.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Default re

jedfxg wrote:
Quote:
to the guy that started this thing...does it make you feel better about yourself to tell everyone how much money you make. What ever happened to being happy with yourself and providing for your family?? Why do you feel the need to try to insult others and make them feel inadequate for the money that they make. Who cares what you make?? But i guess that is the kind of ego boost you need, because in that world that you live in it is all about the money. For everyone else out there, just be happy with what you choose to do. If you wanna make more money you can find it out there. If you wanna work less hard and make less money and that makes you happy, then so be it. Be happy at home and happy at work is what i think is important here.
Quote:
that is what i was trying to say, who cares what anybody makes. as long as you are happy, what is the point in telling anyone what you make? what purpose does this serve??

Quote:
ok, i have been reading stuff here for about 2 or 3 weeks now and i think i can find the same arguments on the CB. Are you a bonehead or what?? a normal workweek is 5 days. A company is not going to have 2 handbooks for drivers and one for office. if you do not like the vacation policy, go work somewhere else. 1 weekend off followed by 5 paid vacation days, followed by another weekend is, what?? 9 days off? If you worked in an office this would be a vacation, since you work in a truck just take the 5 paid days and request not to work the weekends on both sides...problem solved. or you can go get a desk job and quit your bitchin.

Quote:
I have been reading this stuff for about 3 weeks now. Just started posting the other day, and yes I am kinda a smart a**, and for that I apoligize...just can't hear the sarcasm in my voice through the computer. Here is the question. Is it just me or are these message boards just like the CB radio?? One person complaining about their company. Another complaining about someone elses company. Although some people use it to gain info that will help them make a decision for there life, but that again turns into someone complaining about their company. I am not trying to start an argument, just wondering if I am the only person that sees this, maybe i am way wrong.
boy for someone that gets on here and says everyone bitches and complains on here. So far I have witnessed thats all you do.... You are DRAMA........ all I have seen you do is berate other driver's posts and simply act like a rookie that thinks he knows it all..... now who is calling the kettle black... my .02 cents
Old 02-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Default oh also

oh by the way you grip a handle, when people complain its SPELLED GRIPE..... they have a handy spell checker on here ya know....
Old 02-13-2007, 05:56 AM
Board Regular

Yes alot of whining, complaining and company bashing goes on here. But, there is alot of good info to help a rookie make some decisions too. Any smart person will sift through the garbage and pay attention to the posts that are relevant to their situation, and scrap the rest. It's not rocket science...lol. If you think this board is bad, do a google search and check some others. One, I won't mention the name, is 95% crybabies and company bashing. I wouldn't even subscribe to that one. CAD is by far the best one for a rookie to be reading, my opinion.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Your name calling and belittling doesn't help much.
Try taking a deep breath and starting over.
You been here what 2/3 days?
Not a good way to start out.

I've looked at other places, this is by far the better forum.