User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sitting pretty

Pulled into the petro in w. memphis one afternoon in my 89 freightliner cabin over. Backed her in one shot, thru the door open, swung my legs around to get out and kept going. I swung too hard I landed in the middle of the parking lot sitting flat on my hurtihg butt, with everyone watching and laughing.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Yeah. That first step coming out of a COE can be a real doosey. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-15-2007, 02:52 PM

No doubt.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Sitting pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiptwoo
I swung too hard I landed in the middle of the parking lot sitting flat on my hurtihg butt, with everyone watching and laughing.
Real bad for that when ice grows on the grab bars, but I have an even funnier cabover story.

Sitting at the drop at Myrtle Beach, reading a book and killing time, I picked some random moment to throw her in gear and pull out, to head up the road to my next day's delivery.

I didn't look outside at US 17 until I had gotten out on the service road, and all the way to the point of trying to turn right, to get out on the "big road." There was a bad accident at that intersection, apparently. Cops, lots and lots of cops, ambulances, traffic backed up as far as the eye could see. Thousands of headlights, noise, sirens, general mayhem. How could I have missed all of that sitting a short distance away, reading my book?

So I can't turn right. What do I do? I drove through that intersection to the dead end at McDonald's a little way up the road. Parked the truck, then climbed down, and stood there for awhile, dumbfounded. How the hell did I miss all this commotion? What's going on? Will I be able to get out and go south, or am I stuck? How long?

After some interval, I decided to go talk to the cops. I slammed my door. While I was standing beside it. WHAM!!!! Right into my forehead.

So now I've got blood pouring down my head like crazy, and no way to clean it up. I go over to McDonald's, which is closed, except the drive-through. I go up to the window and try to get their attention. They look suspicious, and frightened. Finally, someone takes pity on me, and opens the window.

"Can I get a paper towel?"

"Were you in the accident?"

"No. I just hit myself in the head with my door."

She finally gives me a paper towel, after much coaxing, then slams the window shut. I blot up as much blood as possible (I was really hoping to use their bathroom to clean up properly) and then take stock of my situation. WTF am I going to do?

So I go up to one of the cops standing in the middle of the road, to try to find out some way around this mess from where I am.

"Where did you come from? Were you in the accident?"

I hit myself in the head with that door more than once, since it was just above eye level, and easy to overlook, but that was the worst one. I had to put butterfly stitches on it, and I still have a scar from that night.