There are over 200 trucking companies in Hawaii and the industry employs 3,620 drivers. The highest paid truck drivers earn $50,970 ($24.50 hourly). The highest paying areas are the Honolulu with a Median Annual Salary of $42,600 and Hawaii-Maui-Kauai non-metropolitan area ($40,960).
Pros and Cons of Truck Driving in Hawaii
- Drivers are not required to have log books in Hawaii
- Cost of living is extremely high
Truck Driving Tips for Hawaii
- Find a government or union job. Those pay very well and have full benefits.
- Always wear sunblock or you’re going to get burned
- Hotel or government construction jobs are always available