User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Should Be A Place To Post The Bad Experience With Schools

i had a very bad experience with the school i went to and so did others i have talked with since my adventure...it seems once you go through one of these schools some companys wont hire you because of the schools lack of training you correctly...
i have had carriers tell me they would not hire me because of the school i trained at...
it was a mess but i had no way of knowing before i started ...
anyway i think it would be a good idea for a forum just listing the bad experiences that happen at some of these schools where a new person trying to get in the business would have insight to the horrors that can happen...at some of these schools
Old 10-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Rookie

So, what school did you go to?

Even without a separate category for it you could possibly help out someone else by posting it here for us to read, along with WHY it was so bad.

Best of Luck!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Rookie

I believe his signature tells the story
Old 10-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Board Regular

mtc is not a good place to go, avoid it with all costs.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:09 PM

OK, I read your sig, and I have a hard time believing that you can't find a driving job in two years. Are you sure they aren't hiring you because of something besides the school? Have you followed up with the companies where you've applied? Have you asked them directly why they didn't hire you? Are you applying for jobs that require experience without having any? Is there something on your app, or missing from it, that's keeping you from getting a job? Something in your background?
Old 12-01-2006, 07:08 PM

I can tell you if you are a woman and you have no truck driving experience to begin with avoid HR Career Development in Montpelier, OH.

It was my second week of school, first week on the range, second day on the range when they said I wasn't progressing as fast as I should be.

My instructor on the range spent the majority of his time on his cell phone, or chatting with whoever dropped in on the range.

On more than one occasion, when I asked him how to do something, he'd say, "well, I can't tell you how to do it." Then what the hell did I pay the school $4,300 for???

Flunked the CDL (pretrip, skills and road) for the fourth time yesterday. My school wouldn't let me come out to practice before the test, nor would they get the truck to the testing site, even though I was testing right before one of their current students was testing (they pulled up in the truck at the testing site when I was 3/4 of the way through my pretrip). As a result, I paid $50 to rent the testing facility's truck (a POS Freightliner, 48-foot trailer) instead of testing in a familiar truck.

Also, they let one student go back again through the school for free, and let one student use the school truck to test three times without him having to pay for it.

If I want additional help from the school, I was informed I've have to pay. There is no way I'm paying $17.50 an hour to have my jackass range instructor look down his nose at me and not teach me anything again.

So I'm going to do some private tutoring from another school several miles from my home. Then test again. If I can't pass in two more chances, I'm going to another school.

It kills me; for years I've wanted to go back to school to learn a new career. I thought I was making a good responsible choice, but now that I think about it, the more impulsive and "irresponsible" choices I make, the better off I am.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:32 AM