User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default My experience at ACT (American Central Transport)

There isn't a lot of information on this company in this forum. I go to orientation in Liberty, MO next week. I will update this thread with my experiences there in case anyone may be interested.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem. Government IS the problem!" - Ronald Reagan
Old 08-30-2013, 09:11 AM

I have now been with ACT for 15 months. It is quite honestly the best company I have worked with since I started driving 25 years ago. I drive where I like it most, which is the Midwest and South, and we rarely if ever go to the Northeast where fuel prices are high, and we don't go out West. I like the family atmosphere and feel like I belong. If I ever need to call, my business leader knows me by name, and he knows how I like to run.

I am leasing a 2012 Kenworth T-660 with an APU already installed. It had 130,000 miles on it when I first got it. The lease is for 5 years and the balloon payment will be $12,000 if I choose to buy it. My average REAL fuel mileage for the past 166,000 miles is 7.34 MPG. I'm constantly trying to improve those numbers. Fuel mileage is KING.

My fixed costs are $715 per week, and I average $3400 per week in revenue. My average profit has been $1185 per week. My average paid miles per week has been 2459. That average includes several weeks off. When I'm running, the average is 2711 per week. These are MY averages. Others' averages may vary. I could run harder than I do, but I usually choose not to push it too hard. I enjoy the pace I've set for myself.

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem. Government IS the problem!" - Ronald Reagan
Old 09-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Rookie

I know it's been awhile since you posted this but i like to know what you think about the job now.i been out 45 yrs and pulling tankers over road and thinking i might want to go to act because like you said they do not have much on there web site or face book.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipelineonwheels View Post
I know it's been awhile since you posted this but i like to know what you think about the job now.i been out 45 yrs and pulling tankers over road and thinking i might want to go to act because like you said they do not have much on there web site or face book.
I still like it here quite a bit. It feels like home to me. Are you interested in lease purchase or company driver?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Rookie

I've been to many forums now and most often drivers pour dirt on their companies. That's why it is even more pleasant to read your positive thread here,
azcardnlz (your name is difficult, though ). To join your thread I would like to say, that I really like my oversized cargo transport company, as well. I think the most vital thing is to love what you are doing and not to be hypocritical about your native company.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickolas View Post
I've been to many forums now and most often drivers pour dirt on their companies. That's why it is even more pleasant to read your positive thread here,
azcardnlz (your name is difficult, though ). To join your thread I would like to say, that I really like my oversized cargo transport company, as well. I think the most vital thing is to love what you are doing and not to be hypocritical about your native company.
The name I use on here, azcardnlz, stands for my favorite team, the Arizona Cardinals. My name is really quite easy, it's Tim.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Rookie

You have plenty of opportunities for truck driving all over the country... Because employment in trucking industries offers you to work locally, regionally and nationally. To participate in this training program you should be at least 21 years and should have passed the Department Of Transportation examination which includes physical, drug screening, a valid driver’s license and should maintain clean record for DUI/DWI. Many recruiters are searching for truck drivers and you can have a look at truck driving jobs