User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default E.W. Wylie

Anyone know anything about a company called EW Wylie? They are thinking of taking me on but I want to know more about whats thought about them out there on the road.

Thanks,
Slider
Old 12-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Board Icon

I see a Wylie truck about every once in a green moon. I think it's a northern company. Fargo,or somewhere up there. Unless you want to be stuck in the Dakotas all the time,I would check in your area. There are several companies in Mizzou....

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 12-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Default EW Wylie

Yeah there running area is I-94 on the north side, I-20 on the west side, I-95 on the east side and all the way down mexico on the south side. They run all over and are saying that they will get me home every other weekend if I wanted that and If needed they could get me home every weekend with a dedicated run to Arkansas.

Happy Holidays,
Slider
Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Rookie

Yea, I can see this is an old thread. Im sure you have found a decent job by now.. BUT I wanted to chime in Anyway. I drive for wylie, have been for 3 years now. I get home every two weeks if I ask to.. NOT ONE TIME have I been turned down for home time.. And as far as staying in the dakotas. You WILL not be sent up there unless there is freight sitting on the yard going elsewhere for you., Even with E-logs I average 2500 milesa per week @ .50 per mile as company driver.. Also get performance bonuses..
Its a good company. the only reason you wouldnt like them is if your one of those drivers that piss and moan all the time anyway..
Old 10-22-2012, 11:54 PM

Mike, im looking into this company, how about some strate farward good bad points, im in the ref(14yrs) bisness, as with van everything is needed now, im tired, like to slow down a little, and get in better shape(not in bad shape) E-logs never used and have dis-like as well like about them, what do you think about them? why do they have them? dot/personal. dillon,mt. off the I-15 can you get home time on that lane/its a hard lane to get on in the ref bisness(60 miles s.of butte,mt.) you say you avg 2500 mph a week, whats normal, whats a bad week? if im away from my home i rather be making cash then sitting in the truck stop, can they keep you moving if your a runner v driver that have a hard time doing a 11-14 hr day?
Old 10-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mason View Post
Yea, I can see this is an old thread. Im sure you have found a decent job by now.. BUT I wanted to chime in Anyway. I drive for wylie, have been for 3 years now. I get home every two weeks if I ask to.. NOT ONE TIME have I been turned down for home time.. And as far as staying in the dakotas. You WILL not be sent up there unless there is freight sitting on the yard going elsewhere for you., Even with E-logs I average 2500 milesa per week @ .50 per mile as company driver.. Also get performance bonuses..
Its a good company. the only reason you wouldnt like them is if your one of those drivers that piss and moan all the time anyway..
I was surprised to see them switching from Mack and International to KW T-660's. The Wylie driver's I have talked with over the years have always been pretty content. Especially the heavy-haul group.