Old 11-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Just a hint..if you really want to talk with Ploy..you have to make the effort, and walk in their front door.
The guy's whom started Poly up, are all "old school" people. If you aren't willing to put forth the effort to drive to their front door...why would they offer you a job?
Well..if you're currently employed as an OTR driver nationwide and don't live in Grand Prairie, Tx...then stopping by to visit is kinda ...IMPOSSIBLE.

Got through today on phone with them...the e-mailed completed Application was received...She's processing it now...sent away for all the details from DAC, pass employers....But, my application is #179- when she gets all the "details" back she places the application on the desk of the Hiring Manager for review.....they currently have 4 empty trucks to fill( and 179 applications)

Poly-Trucking is owned by Poly-America plastics corp......it was started solely as a private fleet to move their products/ raw plastics into plant, and
they "back haul" with broker loads back into the plants.

Then why do they advertise so much ??
Old 11-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by headborg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Just a hint..if you really want to talk with Ploy..you have to make the effort, and walk in their front door.
The guy's whom started Poly up, are all "old school" people. If you aren't willing to put forth the effort to drive to their front door...why would they offer you a job?
Well..if you're currently employed as an OTR driver nationwide and don't live in Grand Prairie, Tx...then stopping by to visit is kinda ...IMPOSSIBLE.

Got through today on phone with them...the e-mailed completed Application was received...She's processing it now...sent away for all the details from DAC, pass employers....But, my application is #179- when she gets all the "details" back she places the application on the desk of the Hiring Manager for review.....they currently have 4 empty trucks to fill( and 179 applications)

Poly-Trucking is owned by Poly-America plastics corp......it was started solely as a private fleet to move their products/ raw plastics into plant, and
they "back haul" with broker loads back into the plants.

Then why do they advertise so much ??
HMMM, That's why I'm still asking questons about them? Why do they advertise so much??
With only 275-290 trucks(depending on who you're talking to) and so far
I've been talking to every Poly driver I been able to stop since the beginning of last summer they ALL are very happy. Usually when I "poll"
drivers from company X I always find some "mal-content" crabby...whinne.."they're doing me wrong" type. But not here.
If they have almost 200 applications they are "reviewing" right now...and only 4 trucks open. Then I would guess it's very important for them to keep all their trucks RoLLing...and would seem to be doing a pretty good job at that! Maybe, they Fire drivers frequenly for infractions...heck, I don't know. So far, what I do know is a lot of very happy drivers( one even showed me 3 months worth of actual paysettlements- consecutivly dated...all very impressive $$$$- and to me Seeing is believing.)
So drivers will try to B.S. you, some might even produce a couple "select"
pay settlements to back it up...but in 14 years of driving out here...I havent had any produce 3 months of back-to-back Proof.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Board Regular

Finally got a phone call about 2 weeks ago from the recruiter. A bit vauge on some of the questions but got enough info to satify my curiousity for the present time.
I was told too that they had only 4 open trucks at present. Was not aware that they were that popular and known to have 100+ applicants for the openings. At least for the present time and with winter coming on I'm staying where I am at. I might drop over to their office sometime in the future after I talk with a few drivers.

Soladad
Old 12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Rookie
Default Soladad Poly Trucking

[quote="Soladad"]Finally got a phone call about 2 weeks ago from the recruiter. A bit vauge on some of the questions but got enough info to satify my curiousity for the present time.
I was told too that they had only 4 open trucks at present. Was not aware that they were that popular and known to have 100+ applicants for the openings. At least for the present time and with winter coming on I'm staying where I am at. I might drop over to their office sometime in the future after I talk with a few drivers.

I have applied to Poly Trucking and I had to continue to stay in contact with them. I see that if you e-mail them, then they will respond in a day or 2, however, they will respond. They are still verifying my employment history. Needless to say that I have been with Pepsi for 11 years and this year with SNI and Knight, although I haven't had any accidents and my no criminal background history. I hope I am one of the chosen ones whom will be granted the opportunity to be employed by them.

I too have talked with their drivers and yes, they are all happy there. I want to be happy too, so why not be ambious. I know winter is here, but I still need a company to meet my needs just as I must meet theirs.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:46 PM

I've been looking at Poly as well and have had simialar difficulties getting through too. I found an email address for the HR director, Debra Prowledge and she has been slow but always returns my emails and even called me today. Pm me and I will give ou her email address if you want it.

Some of the basics, as you all know, py 43 cpm on hub miles and $30 per stop, very nice! 2005 & newer Columbias, 10 speed, they pay for weekly washes. Orientation is 4 days they pay for flight, hotel, meals and 12.50 an hour, not bad.

Trucks are governed to 68, they haul plastic POLY bags and misc back haul, out minimum 2 weeks at a time.

I applied, dont know how long it takes or how far down the list I am but have a good gid now and can wait, will keep yall posted.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobguy
I've been looking at Poly as well and have had simialar difficulties getting through too. I found an email address for the HR director, Debra Prowledge and she has been slow but always returns my emails and even called me today. Pm me and I will give ou her email address if you want it.

Some of the basics, as you all know, py 43 cpm on hub miles and $30 per stop, very nice! 2005 & newer Columbias, 10 speed, they pay for weekly washes. Orientation is 4 days they pay for flight, hotel, meals and 12.50 an hour, not bad.

Trucks are governed to 68, they haul plastic POLY bags and misc back haul, out minimum 2 weeks at a time.

I applied, dont know how long it takes or how far down the list I am but have a good gid now and can wait, will keep yall posted.
BobGuy, how funny; I just sent them another email to follow up with them. I am aware of their pay scale, and their system. It would be very nice to land a job with that companay. I think it takes a very long time for the hiring process. They are looking to hire, but they're very pickyyyyy. I would expect to hear back from them soon. It's going on 2 mths. and I can't wait.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 AM

Big Slim,

Keep me posted about Poly Trucking, I will do the same for you. I'm also checking out a company called Lane Freight, living and driving in snow states I LOVE the southern and south midwest states they serve. Pay isnt bad, up to 37 cpm possible with all bonues. They are out of Houston and I think they are associated with Link America, so they should have constant freight. If things dont work out with Poly, Lane may be an option?
Old 01-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobguy
Big Slim,

Keep me posted about Poly Trucking, I will do the same for you. I'm also checking out a company called Lane Freight, living and driving in snow states I LOVE the southern and south midwest states they serve. Pay isnt bad, up to 37 cpm possible with all bonues. They are out of Houston and I think they are associated with Link America, so they should have constant freight. If things dont work out with Poly, Lane may be an option?
Cool, I will check them out. I will keep you posted on results. Safe driving to you and all. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:01 PM

I just sent Debra (who has been fairly prompt) at Poly TRucking an email asking her about how much time they take for approval and if in fact there is a waiting list to come on board. I will keep all you all posted.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey ,

I was scanning for info on Poly Trucking out in Texas ,
came across this thread and noticed it just went flat , no one ever followed up.
Did anyone ever get on with Poly
and how did it work out ?

I am hearing their equipment is run out and aged pretty badly and maintenance is poor .
Its apparently not the same Poly as when this thread began