User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb My industry/ Career paradox!...... (Need a job).

(Get your coffee ready for this one..... could become a mind bender quick.)

I guess I'll start here. I'm seeking a (reputable company, fleet, o/o)... I think. By "reputable", I'm not talking the big boys, they know who they are I know the industry is still trying hard to get ride of old souls like this one, but come on now.... really? should it be so hard to find a "good" job these days? Anyway, back to where I was. Hello all, I'm "Xanbukka", or "Jerry", which ever floats your boat. I have fourteen years in this mess, a ton of experiences in the mix, from flats, to dumps, to bulk tanks, any size box or reefer you got, little over size work, little car hauling work <-----most recent, and for the life of me, I can't figure out where the "good" bosses hide these days..... I already know I'm sounding short sighted, and negative (maybe), but give me room here, until the fowl words start flying, you've seen nothing negative yet..... (I promise mods, you'll not need the ban button yet)

Here is my paradox, if you're still awake. I lived in Delaware most of my life, give or take a couple of moves,risky moves, and just all out very stupid moves..... It's life, so what, you know what happens. I not so long ago moved to Detroit, to join an old buddy, in his trials and dreams with car hauling. Wouldn't you know it, but since, we haven't hauled a load that paid, or could be rolled in a team effort operation, so we could bank roll, and get to dreaming more....maybe. Lately we see, it won't pan out like we planned....always looks great on paper right. and I need to be looking for my own truck, and maybe we can make better progress with two incomes coming in the wind. I quickly found that "Michigan" carriers need help, and I ain't talking more good drivers.... So many scams, so little time, and I'm finding "Ohio", and "Indiana" aren't looking much better, from the want ad side of things anyway.... (don't yell at me yet, finish reading first.) All I'm seeing is shady equipment, 1099 this, and contractor that, or, come join our cult, we'll be sure to brain wash you QUICK!

Look, I'm a simple guy, or simple enough.... I talk straight, and with all the manners and respect I can give out, unless given clear reason, such isn't needed anyway. Fourteen years driving, (OTR experience is five consecutive for your insurance company) No priors, No Wrecks, No Warrants, Clean PSP/C.S.A., very clean driving record (Delaware issue CDL-A with no extra bells in extra stuff), a couple job references too! how bout that?! I have a couple dings on my DAC, and no, nothing serious, though the company's that posted their side of the story on it, wanted it to hurt. None of them is even remotely true, and even after six months working with (hire-right) and (Driver's Legal Plan), I can get no justice so far, this side of an outright lawsuit, of which I'm a little light on dead presidents to delve into.

One more (I think problem) I've lost my long form of my "current and good" physical. I have the cards, just no big version. Also, it is not attached to my current license, as I think Delaware requires, but I never got any clear information on that end either, and had to keep working, up util just recent.

I'm not interested in seeing, or visiting Canada, or Mexico. I don't need local anymore, or even the regional rat race, out two-three weeks, no biggy here, no really, I'm being serious.... No real home, needing home time, you tell me where you are, I'll cover the bus fair, if possible. Delaware is a none issue, and Michigan won't give me a reissue, until I can get a couple bills in my name, where I'm staying with my car hauler buddy. Talk about a racket.... I thought it was a "federal license" :micro:

Anywho, if you're hanging in here still, yes, I'll finally wrap this up on you. If you are a company in Ohio, or Indiana, don't take offense to what was typed.... if I look like a good roll of the dice, you're free to let me know. As too, any mid-west, south, or southwest companies. If you have more then 50 trucks, forget you saw this posting....please. If you are an O/O, who really needs a good driver, with an outstanding work ethic, and still limber enough to do what is needed..... I'd really like to talk to you. (Be warned though) I do inspect a truck, before I pull it off of your property. If I can't perform a DOT level three on the sucker, it won't budge, not with me behind the business end anyway. Been there, done that, ain't doing it again. My regards.

Thanks for reading, and getting a hold of me is pretty much easy as pie here..... You know what to do.
Be good or good at it....
Xanbukka.

Last edited by Xanbukka; 05-08-2013 at 11:23 AM.