User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Still looking for a good job

Youngstown,OH based driver. 39 years old. 8 years US Army. 10+ years OTR in vans and reefers. CDL-A w/ Hazmat, current physical. 1 speed ticket 67 in 55 Feb.06 in my car, no accidents. Last moving violation in a truck was Jan.98. I have driven everywhere in the lower 48 in all kinds of weather. I am willing to stay out 2 weeks or so if I'm kept busy. Looking for pay in the upper 30's cpm. I have a cellphone. I carry laptop with internet access, mapping software, Google Earth Plus, and Rapidfax mobile fax capability.. I also keep an all in one printer with me. I am proficient with on board computers such as Qualcomm.

I am looking for a long haul job, reefer or van. Some western runs would be nice if possible. A well kept truck preferably with a long nose. Reasonable governed speed for the areas run. An APU or permission for a inverter/fridge/microwave. Not interested in being forced into NYC, although I will go under the right circumstances. I do not go to Canada anymore by choice due to the inevitable hassles. Beyond that I am not picky about where I go. I am not interested in being a lumper, but I am not above unloading if the pay and circumstances are reasonable. Constant overnight running would not be for me as it has been my habit for years to avoid running midnight to 6 am. I'm certainly not above running these hours occasionally, but night after night would be a problem.

It has been a problem pretty much from the day I started driving to get the truth about a job. It seems to have become more so lately. Some companies are desperate to put a body in a seat by all means. It seems such a waste of time. I've been at this long enough to have a pretty good idea of what I am looking for, and I try to be clear about it. I hope for the same. If its not going to be a good fit its best to know before anybody wastes time and money.

I have a detailed resume/work history. I can be contacted at [email protected] or 330-518-0555.