User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DAC Problems

One employer didn't even put employment information on my DAC. I was employed from 8/2009 to 12/2009 but nothing is listed. Additionally, there is no drug/acohol test results listed from this employer.

Also, the last company I worked for says I was terminated when I actually quit. The jerk driver manager never told anyone that I told them that I quit. It also says "work record: unsatisfactory safety record". I did have an incident which is listed as Non DOT recordable. They put a generic statement which says "Equipment was involved in an occurrence or act that produced unintended injury, death, property damage of any type, or resulted in the equipment requiring a tow (other than mechanical breakdown) while assigned to the driver regardless of fault". It says nothing about what happened though.

Is there a way for me to personally add this information? There was no injuries, deaths, towing, etc. I clipped the back corner of the tractor with the trailer I was hauling. I had to turn around in a tight space. This is the only incident I have ever had in 4 years that I have had a CDL. However, when a potential employer reads this text, "work record: unsatisfactory safety record", they don't know the difference between someone who rolled a truck on the highway, etc. This company has a policy to fire a driver if they have an incident and the damage exceeds $1000. I tried to apply for unemployment. The company is blantantly lying saying I was terminated for "misconduct". They say it wasn't reported in a timely manner and I damaged a customer's property. It was reported right when it happened and I didn't damage anything besides my tractor rear corner. Both of those statement are blatantly false! At the time, they told me I am terminated because the damage exceeds $1000. This is the first I am hearing of such a thing. They change their story now to try to screw me from unemployment.

What can I do to minimize damage from this information on my DAC? How do I know the last company isn't purposely screwing my chances of getting a future job when a potential hiring company contacts them? I was declined by one potential job. They sent a letter saying it is possible my DAC history was the reason for being declined. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

madaxeman,
there is some good info and advice here >> http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/n...port-info.html

Old 11-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
madaxeman,
there is some good info and advice here >> http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/n...port-info.html
Thanks, Roadhog! I will take a look right now.