User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hot Shot Secret

Has anyone tried this stuff??

I was having trouble with my pyro temp running a little hotter than normal so I called the Peterbilt dealer who has always worked on my truck and they told me it sounded like I needed a new injector or 2.

I got home that night and was reading my Landline Magazine and seen a ad for Hot Shot Secrets so I thought what the heck I will try some. I ordered 2 bottles for the oil and 1 bottle for the fuel and dumped them in when they arrived. The bottles said it may take 1,000 miles to work, after 1,0000 miles I didn't notice a difference.

I pull the same loads everyweek that weigh around 39K and there is a short hill will a pretty good grade and I usually have to drop down 2 gears to keep my speed up going up it. One night I didn't even think about it but I pulled the hill in high gear so I looked down and it had been 1350 miles since I added this stuff.

My truck has always smoked up the front of the trailer and I had it to Peterbilt many times and asked why and was always told it's the way the pipes are on a 387. So the first chance I got I went and got everything washed because I was thinking this truck seems like it is running like a different truck.

I just turned 999,000 miles on it this week. The engine is a Cummins ISX and I unplugged the EGR at around 700K miles hoping it would quit smoking up the trailer but it didn't seem to help.

It's been 3 weeks since I added the stuff and the truck is running the best it has ever run. There is no black on the front of the trailer and the pyro temp never goes above 750 degrees (it was getting close to 1,000 degrees before) now. I never fill my tanks anymore so I don't know the exact fuel mileage, It use to get 6.5mpg when I did long haul to California.

In no way am I promoting this stuff and I am not going to add the link to it. I just wanted to share my experience after I tried it and wondered if anyone else has tried it.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Regarding injectors, Hot Shots Secret was primarily developed to clean up the hydraulic actuated injectors that were on the Ford Powerstroke made by International. As to whether it will do any good on injectors on the ISX, it could I guess. It could very well clean up any oil that has coked in the turbo as well as oil channels in the engine itself. It is basically a heavy dose of additive package that is commonly found in engine oils. I gave it a try a few years back and did not have any positive results come out of using it. Others like yourself evidently do. Seems to be a hit or miss on a case by case basis.