User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No one does their best to chase them off. If you make very suspect financial choices over and over and over and some of them are the same things 2 or 3 different times and you post about it in a public forum you are going to get grilled, its that simple. No one trying to chase him off. People couldnt understand why in the hell he runs his business like he does and he couldnt handle the questions and criticism and packed up his ball and left the sandbox.Sorry but people scratch their heads and ask questions when you change gear ratios on the same truck 3 times in a relatively short period of time and go upsidedown on 2 brand new trailers and a roll tight system and then talk about still wanting to modify the newest trailer and going through computers and phones like underwear and then buying a new vehicle on credit and being surprised himself that it was approved all after having stories of taking advances just to get fuel for the next trip and buying tarps after trashing and selling the last set. I love the dudes blog and will continue to read it but when you post stuff like that on a public forum expect to have people look at you funny and question your practices. i wish the dude all the luck in the world and hope he continues to make it and i also hope he doesnt run into any serious breakdown or mechanical failures because it might just put him out of business immediately.His travel stories are wonderful and he has a great gift for writing but if you even try to pretend that all of his decisions he has posted on here make sense you are out of whack. Everyone likes him,we just dont get how you can go that crazy with a business. To each his own but dont be mad when people throw a stone at it.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo379 View Post
You guys couldn't understand the "mysterious Russian soul".....
Very true... we all forget, if things get too bad for him here, he can always buy a ticket and head back to Russia and forget about all this crap.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:59 AM

Anyone read the latest blog? If you havent, I encourage you to do so. I want to know if anyone besides myself thinks it is 100% completely classless and ridiculous.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerbomber3.0 View Post
Anyone read the latest blog? If you havent, I encourage you to do so. I want to know if anyone besides myself thinks it is 100% completely classless and ridiculous.
Wow, so just because someone doesn't want to be lured into a weird situation by a complete stranger (for money, none the less) he figures that the service she provided him by doing her job keeping his glass filled while he ate wasn't worth a couple of bucks, and he then decides to degrade her for politely rejecting his "offer." I'm fairly sure that her starring in his "commercial" isn't going to jump start her career. Good service is hard to find and to skip out on the tip is a dirtbag move.

I'll go ahead and bite my tongue on the rest of the comments I'd like to post.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:32 AM

I just wanted to copy this in here for those of you who might not go read it before he ends up taking it down. This was just the most classless thing I have seen in a while. I have enjoyed his blog up until this. Sounds like he might want to not talk or type after having red wine.

Saturday, August 13, 2011I go to this Italian restaurant for lunch and there's a pretty girl lingering in the lobby...I'm flirting with the idea of asking her to participate in my Ford movie, but then she disappears and my server is asking me for my order. Well, I order a Chicken salad and a glass of a red wine, and the next thing I know the same girl I saw in the lobby is now dressed in the restaurant's uniform and she's asking me if I want a refill

I get a re-fill - and then another - and I tell the pretty girl about my YouTube movies and ask if she'd like to participate in a 5 minute shoot for a $100 (she has great legs and chest!). The girl's answer? "I'll think about it.."

I hate when people do that.. Why can't you just say NO and be done with it? But no - they are afraid to offend you with a specific answer so they think giving you a vague I"LL THINK ABOUT IT bull**** is better...

After a while, the pretty girl brings me my bill and I ask her, "Can I THINK about your tip?" She shrugs and I pay the bill amount ONLY, and select "0" for tips. Before I leave the bar, I tell her, "I want you to remember this: in 20 years you'll be fat and have 5 kids and you'll think back to August 2011 when a guy was offering you a $100 to participate in a YouTube movie because of your great body, and you basically said 'no'. I think you'll be sorry ..."
Posted by Serguei at 2:09 PM 0
Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Rookie

Uncalled for. Lost a lot of respect for him with that post.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Obviously she thought it was for sex.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTrucker View Post
Wow, so just because someone doesn't want to be lured into a weird situation by a complete stranger (for money, none the less) he figures that the service she provided him by doing her job keeping his glass filled while he ate wasn't worth a couple of bucks, and he then decides to degrade her for politely rejecting his "offer." I'm fairly sure that her starring in his "commercial" isn't going to jump start her career. Good service is hard to find and to skip out on the tip is a dirtbag move.

I'll go ahead and bite my tongue on the rest of the comments I'd like to post
Agreed!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What has become of our "breed"? We used to be the most polite, honorable and dependable civilian profession, right alongside law enforcement and fire departments.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Senior Board Member