User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I-10 Louisiana

Has anyone been through that mess around Lafayette? I need to know how smoothly things are flowing on the detour. I'm already committed to taking the 10 but if the official detour on 190 is a mess I might just go around 90. If anyone has been through there I'd appreciate the input. Will be heading through late Monday morning, thanks.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member

I haven't heard anything since wednesday NW. My brother came back across, westbound, wednesday morning, with just a little slow down on the Baton Rogue side.
He said the eastbound was running at about 40 at 9;30 am, on wednesday. Tomorrow will probably be a different story, with everyone back to work.

Might see how it is going once you hit Duson, see what they are saying on the CB. US90 get's a little slow down through Raceland into NO, but actually cuts mileage down, compared to the 190 detour.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:08 AM
Senior Board Member

I ran 190 both ways last week and although a little crowded it was a steady run...

I found 110 in Baton Rouge a little easier than 419 (Exit 151) where they're putting everybody off heading West. (I ran both...110 heading West and coming back East tried 419)

The scary part is all the locals pulling out in front of you from some of the side roads...they're not used to that much traffic on their normal routes and take a lot of chances.

Stay on your toes!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:13 AM
Senior Board Member

No worries on using an alternate route. I-10 opened this evening!!!!

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb...EWS01/71125011

Officials with the Louisiana State Police have confirmed that Interstate 10 will reopen tonight tentatively at 7 p.m.

I-10 had been shutdown since Nov. 15 when a gas well near the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge exploded, causing traffic to be diverted to U.S. Route 190 and U.S. Route 90.

Check back with theadvertiser.com for more information it becomes available.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks for the info guys. I'm leading a charmed life on this trip. Came through El Paso just after all the snow and the roads were dry and now they open the road up in the overnight. Now if I can just get Florida to turn their temps down a little while I'm tailgating... 8)