User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2006, 03:06 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How can anyone work for CRE?

http://www.crengland.com/drvsrv/inde...ntractor_owner

no pay for drops, terrible mileage pay, but 1.25 a gallon fuel! Let's not get overexcited here!

Judging by their pay, a driver would average 95 cents a mile. Don't forget they take 5 cents into their "general maintenance reserve"(what the hell is that for?), also 1.5 cents for fuel tax.

So say you average 90 cents a mile, but fuel is only 1.25 a gallon! Well, even that WONDERFUL discount is worth something. Considering fuel right now is around 2.50, you can easily figure out how much that discount is worth. 1.25 / 6 mpg = 21 cpm. I don't know too many people that can survive very well on 1.11 cpm.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:25 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

I see bunch of O/ops rollin down the road haulin their trailers, they must be making it somehow on a 2500 miles per week or so??

Also, Schneider is paying 1.09 and you know how many owner operators are working there, aaaalllloooott...... :roll:
Old 01-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh
I see bunch of O/ops rollin down the road haulin their trailers, they must be making it somehow on a 2500 miles per week or so??

Also, Schneider is paying 1.09 and you know how many owner operators are working there, aaaalllloooott...... :roll:
Just because you see the trucks doesn't mean you are seeing the same driver behind the wheel. Companies like C.R.E. and SNI, who offer those type of rates, have astronomical turnover rates.

Like P.T. Barnum was alleged to have said (even though he didn't): "There's a sucker born every minute."
Old 01-03-2007, 04:28 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Thing that suprises me is that if you try and talk to anyone who runs there they will tell you that they are getting rich....

I was at a Freightliner recently for some warranty work and saw a dude who pulled for England, he worked with me in a grocery store before I started driving and he goes on and on about how he's doing well. Somewhere in that conversation ( not a typical conversation since to have one 2 parties have to be involved, he was doing all the talking ) he told me in this proudly expressed way how he does 1000 per week, he stays out 4 weeks and pays 600 for a lease on his truck.. :roll:
As a company driver i havent had a week without 1200-1400 to my name and didnt deal with forced dispach, 1000 for o/o is a way not to take in this buisiness and they're all happy and sh!t..

Man am telling you, some things just dont go into my head and this is just one of them..
Old 01-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh
As a company driver i havent had a week without 1200-1400 to my name and didnt deal with forced dispach, 1000 for o/o is a way not to take in this buisiness and they're all happy and sh!t..

Man am telling you, some things just dont go into my head and this is just one of them..
Don't you get it........... he's a cut above..........he's an o/o!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Senior Board Member

A few days ago I was bs'n on the CB and this Swift driver (former o/o for JB) told me I don't know what I'm talking about. I said it costs 90 cpm to run a truck, and he kept telling me I'm wrong, because his costs were about 62 cpm (of course, he mentioned this WAS 10 years ago) .

Well, after being told I'm wrong (repeatedly) he couldn't give me a figure on cost per mile. Nothing pisses me off worse than a company driver for swift that tells me I'm wrong, then fails to back it up with a number figure :roll:

Fact is, you CAN make it at 88cpm....you just have to live in the truck, never go home, and run 3000+ a week.

BTW- the swift driver says the trainers do 1000 miles per day and are doing pretty well. He had NO concept that more miles mean same pay.

Then there was the CFI driver bragging that CFI has "the highest price per mile than any trcuking company". When I begged to differ, I got "shutp stupid!!" out of him.

Ignorance is bliss :lol: :lol:
Old 01-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Those damn CFI drivers. :lol: Yea he was full of shite...

Company drivers top at .35 cpm and o/ops (or "contractors" as CFI calls them) get .85 cpm... far from the highest price.

http://www.cfi-us.com/drivers/contractorInfo.cfm
Old 01-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I see bunch of O/ops rollin down the road haulin their trailers, they must be making it somehow.
Just because you see them rollin down the road, that don't mean they're makin money.

They're actually on the road to bankruptcy, they just haven't figured that out yet.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitshifter
Quote:
I see bunch of O/ops rollin down the road haulin their trailers, they must be making it somehow.
Just because you see them rollin down the road, that don't mean they're makin money.

They're actually on the road to bankruptcy, they just haven't figured that out yet.
There's alotta that. I turned down alot of those loads this week before Gman helped me out. This one sticks in my mind though:

From State College PA to Cobourg ON. $1300 on 686 loaded miles (probably a lie) with 5 drops. $1.90/mile sounds good right? Well, nuthin' against the Penn State Knitted Lions, but State College is to h-e-double hockey stick from anywhere...and mountains too boot. Anyway, after a 200 mile dead head to pick up and an estimated 75 dead miles into Toronto for a reload we'd have made about $1.30 per mile for all miles. That's about our cost so we'd spend half a week working for free.

But there's no tarps he said!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidsporty
Those damn CFI drivers. :lol: Yea he was full of shite...

Company drivers top at .35 cpm and o/ops (or "contractors" as CFI calls them) get .85 cpm... far from the highest price.

http://www.cfi-us.com/drivers/contractorInfo.cfm
And they still get guys beating down the door for that rate :shock: , it boggles my mind. :?