Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Current Mclane Driver

  1. #1
    win98nogood is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14

    Default Current Mclane Driver

    IM Currently working as a driver for McLane Food Service
    jobs is hard at times I go home everynight which is nice but does anyone else know of any other companies that are in NJ that pay close to what Im making I average 1000-1100 for 4 days of work, only looking cause business is slow from now till maybe january smaller routes= less pay ,

  2.  
  3. #2
    Chris M is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Valdosta GA
    Posts
    78

    Default

    1100 a week and it's slow? I'll trade ya.

  4. #3
    greg3564 is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Stay there. You won't make that much anywhere else.
    Check out the new 2008 Microsoft Streets and Trips! Sweet!


  5. #4
    Double R's Avatar
    Double R is offline Food Service Monkey Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,658

    Default Re: Current Mclane Driver

    Quote Originally Posted by win98nogood
    IM Currently working as a driver for McLane Food Service
    jobs is hard at times I go home everynight which is nice but does anyone else know of any other companies that are in NJ that pay close to what Im making I average 1000-1100 for 4 days of work, only looking cause business is slow from now till maybe january smaller routes= less pay ,
    Where in NJ? You could try AFI-PFG in Elizabeth, US Foodservice in Sweedsboro(sp), Dunkn Donuts in Sweedsboro, Ferriero in Piscataway, Roma Foods in Piscataway. AFI and Ferriero I know well and both seem like good places to work. The drivers seem very happy. Having Foodservice delivery experience you should have no trouble getting on with any of the above. There is also another PFG in NJ that does regional, just not sure where they are located.
    CERTIFIED NUTS BY THE STATE OF PA


    MY FACEBOOK PAGE

  6. #5
    NHHunter is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    117

    Default

    I may be looking at McLanes in Contoocook, NH I was told they need 11 drivers a few weeks ago

  7. #6
    fireman932003's Avatar
    fireman932003 is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Chandler Indiana
    Posts
    964

    Default

    1000-1100 for 4 days of work
    Where do I sign up????

  8. #7
    Mackman's Avatar
    Mackman is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Concordville PA
    Posts
    3,809

    Default

    Do not go to Venezia in Sweedsboro you will make no money at all.
    Truck Driving an occupation consisting of hours of boredom interrupted by sheer terror!!

    "All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug



  9. #8
    win98nogood is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackman
    Do not go to Venezia in Sweedsboro you will make no money at all.


    come down to burlington NJ 08016

  10. #9
    unkut2003 is offline Board Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Between Da Sheets
    Posts
    262

    Default

    OUCH!!! I put in 5 days for that 1000-1200.... :x

  11. #10
    win98nogood is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unkut2003
    OUCH!!! I put in 5 days for that 1000-1200.... :x
    dont get me wrong its great money but you work for every penny , I had a KFC the other night 9K pounds of merchandise ,chicken . cooler goods and frozen , and dry goods so yeah it takes a toll on you ,average 14-16 stops a night and mostly NYC and philly ,as you build senority its gets really good but most of the 45 and over are not leaving anytime soon yeah 4 days of work but on your days off your so exhausted its not even funny

  12. #11
    unkut2003 is offline Board Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Between Da Sheets
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by win98nogood
    Quote Originally Posted by unkut2003
    OUCH!!! I put in 5 days for that 1000-1200.... :x
    dont get me wrong its great money but you work for every penny , I had a KFC the other night 9K pounds of merchandise ,chicken . cooler goods and frozen , and dry goods so yeah it takes a toll on you ,average 14-16 stops a night and mostly NYC and philly ,as you build senority its gets really good but most of the 45 and over are not leaving anytime soon yeah 4 days of work but on your days off your so exhausted its not even funny
    To hell with that!!! I worked at Coca Cola close to 6 years and NO MORE cart by cart loads for me ...... PERIOD!!!!! Now all I do is drive and get what I mentioned above... with benefits, home every night, and an assigned rig... 8)

  13. #12
    win98nogood is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14

    Default

    [quote="unkut2003"][quote="win98nogood"]
    Quote Originally Posted by unkut2003
    OUCH!!! I put in 5 days for that 1000-1200.... :x
    yeah my body is aching everyday , i need a nice drop and hook gig

  14. #13
    PackRatTDI is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Las Cruces, NM
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    My friend inquired about getting a job with McLane locally but was told the drivers for our area had to be based out of Lubbock, TX.
    You can take the driver out of the truck but you cant take the truck out of the driver.

  15. #14
    win98nogood is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PackRatTDI
    My friend inquired about getting a job with McLane locally but was told the drivers for our area had to be based out of Lubbock, TX.
    I was asked if i wanted to fly out to Millwakee for 2 weeks hotel paid for single room 40 bucks a day for meal plus 100% of the route with a helper cant beat that

  16. This ad will disappear if you login

 




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1