Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Women make better truck drivers, based on BIOLOGY! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/43905-women-make-better-truck-drivers-based-biology.html)

claire 03-29-2013 04:22 AM

Women make better truck drivers, based on BIOLOGY!

Trucking requires the slow twitch muscles that endure, which are more dominant in women than men. So why aren't more women truck drivers? I think we could do the job a lot better than many men. Ok, except for the need for quick power from fast twitch muscles now and then.

What do you think about applying a little Biology to the situation? ;)

mitchno1 03-29-2013 09:11 PM

your slow twitching muscles are in a different place to those needed to drive a truck love ,lol

4roses 04-06-2013 03:27 AM

clair that's an idea i never considered .... I know there's a reason we make darn good drivers. :)

Fozzy 04-06-2013 03:50 AM

Q: Why do women make better super truckers than men?

A: Because women can hold it wide open longer than men can gouge on it...

mitchno1 04-06-2013 04:12 AM

i like that fozzy

Roadhog 04-06-2013 06:09 AM

....only problem I figure, is once they get a load, it takes them 9 months to deliver. :roll3:

mitchno1 04-06-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 524821)
....only problem I figure, is once they get a load, it takes them 9 months to deliver. :roll3:

and some are fussy about who they are going to get the load from;)

Roadhog 04-07-2013 11:38 PM

the slow twitch muscle does explain why they can't park, I guess. :) :D

4roses 04-09-2013 08:59 PM

claire because of the 'boys' off colored jokes, you'll find not many females post here anymore. And for that I'm sorry. We use to have a strong group of ladies. We've just gotten tired of their childish ways.

mitchno1 04-12-2013 04:29 AM

you did tell us you wernt coming back after the last dissagrement rose ,but good to see you still interested

Roadhog 04-12-2013 10:15 AM

Mitch! what the hell are you doing :confused: ....run!

...oh no! ...too late. oOOoooo..​OOOooooo... OHHHHH! :eek1:

poor Mitch... may he rest in pieces. :roll3:

mitchno1 04-12-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 524926)
Mitch! what the hell are you doing :confused: ....run!

...oh no! ...too late. oOOoooo..​OOOooooo... OHHHHH! :eek1:

poor Mitch... may he rest in pieces. :roll3:

she cant get me i to far away but u have to watch your back she be wanting to make a example out of someone

GMAN 04-13-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4roses (Post 524880)
claire because of the 'boys' off colored jokes, you'll find not many females post here anymore. And for that I'm sorry. We use to have a strong group of ladies. We've just gotten tired of their childish ways.

I miss having the women around. They bring a different perspective to the forum.

golfhobo 04-16-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 524951)
I miss having the women around. They bring a different perspective to the forum.

Yes, but sometimes... as in THIS case.... they just bring stupid comments with no relevance to the trucking industry. Just sayin'

Roadhog 04-16-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 524996)
Yes, but sometimes... as in THIS case.... they just bring stupid comments with no relevance to the trucking industry. Just sayin'

that is something I always try to limit, myself. ;)

GMAN 04-17-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 524996)

Many of our posts have nothing to do with trucking. But, I recall some who were regular contributors who did provide insight about things relevant to the industry. There are a lot of women in this industry. Not all of them are attached to a man on the road. They can have different issues with which to deal. On the other hand, much of what we all deal with on a daily basis are the same issues.

golfhobo 04-17-2013 03:23 PM

My point was that the the original assumption was incorrect and irrelevant. I ain't no "biologist" but I can google. After reading 3 or 4 rather comprehensive articles on slow twitch and fast twitch muscles, there was not one single word hinting that women had more of one or the other than men do. NOR is there any relationship (in my opinion) between an increased percentage of slow twitch muscle fibers and the "endurance" needed to drive a truck. If anything... in fact.... men would have a higher percentage and amount of slow twitch muscle fibers in the hip flexor and calve muscles that are far more important for long distance driving than arm muscles (if that is what she is inferring.)

Perhaps there would BE more women contributors to the board if they didn't come on here making unsustainable claims of superiority. That does seem to draw the ire of some of the male contributors.

GMAN 04-17-2013 10:08 PM

Well, she hasn't been back to defend her statement. Hobo, she probably did it just to irritate you. :cool:

golfhobo 04-19-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 525037)
Well, she hasn't been back to defend her statement. Hobo, she probably did it just to irritate you. :cool:

Probably. She would fit right in on the Politics forum. And be no more successful with her arguments.

golfhobo 04-19-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchno1 (Post 524649)
your slow twitching muscles are in a different place to those needed to drive a truck love ,lol

BTW, Mitch.... the Uteran muscle is a fast twitch muscle with more footpounds of force than any other muscle in the body of EITHER gender. lol!

mitchno1 04-19-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 525101)
BTW, Mitch.... the Uteran muscle is a fast twitch muscle with more footpounds of force than any other muscle in the body of EITHER gender. lol!

yes but once it grabs something it holds on hard ,wouldnt think it be good for controlling a truck

Roadhog 04-19-2013 09:04 PM

my leeto fren :p would beg to differ Hobo :)

(it's like concrete)

golfhobo 04-19-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 525104)
my leeto fren :p would beg to differ Hobo :)

Then let it "differ" with the O.P. I am right... and you KNOW that I am right. lol.

Your "LITTLE fren" has no muscles of it's own to speak of. Any damage it does, is because of the SUPERIOR hip flexor muscles of the male species which contain BOTH more "slow twitch" muscles than females (which allows for more of a "marathon" experience...) AND more "fast twitch" muscles (because of it's greater mass) which produce more "thrust or POWER."

IOW.... the male hip flexor muscle (which is usually more highly "developed,") has a higher percentage of BOTH muscle "types" and can sustain HIGH performance for longer periods of time compared to female hip flexor muscles (of both types) that only have to stretch out one time... and then just maintain the position. lol.

I didn't really SAY that! I read it somewhere! lol.

Quote:

(it's like concrete)
Now that sounds like a personal problem. Grey? Pockmarked? Immovable without a backhoe or something? Laying flat? Overgrown with weeds and covered by dirt?

Women WALK ALL OVER IT??? :eek1:

My condolences, mi Amigo!

Perhaps, it is because you have lost the art of Agrippa! ;)

mitchno1 04-19-2013 11:16 PM

must be why woman prefer to be under the male ,saves using their limited muscle power

Roadhog 04-19-2013 11:36 PM

hahahahahahaha :D

golfhobo 04-19-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchno1 (Post 525103)
yes but once it grabs something it holds on hard ,wouldnt think it be good for controlling a truck

Actually, when it is necessary... the ability to hold on HARD is what makes MEN better drivers... as the O.P. mentioned.

Quote:

must be why woman prefer to be under the male ,saves using their limited muscle power
Ehh... wrong again. I could Explain this... but, I'd get in LOTS of hot water! lol

What YOU'RE talking about.... is called the "Misssionary" position. Ever wonder why?

Women are much more active and happier when "on top." And THAT is when slow twitch muscles come into play. Can't explain THIS either... without getting in trouble.

I KNOW you understand, Mitch. You're just being a Kiwi! Which is why all YOUR women want to come to America! lol!

Tami Paulus 05-28-2013 06:25 AM

I think yes, women can also drive that is not a big deal, we have seen many women doing some great and tough job out there, but yes it depends and it does not mean that any women can drive trucks, there needs to be some special training and arrangement.

Bigmon 05-30-2013 03:32 PM

Hey Tami....are you near Cade auto auction? I think I was at your place about 6 years ago when I lived in S. Cal.

golfhobo 05-31-2013 05:17 AM

Tami.... I strongly recommend that you edit your address OUT of your profile.

belpre122 05-31-2013 10:01 AM

I just know that I'm a better looking driver than RebelDarlin. I just know it. I really do just know it.

My rearview mirror confirms it..........every 5 seconds............that I reconfirm....... hell, sometimes every 3 seconds or so..............:cool:

I'm not vain. Just practical. Aren't I?

Grafenwoehr, West Germany..........1984

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps114ff97f.jpg

Menehune 06-10-2013 08:25 AM

Why are these women of the highway not at home taking care of the kids? After all, this would open up more jobs for those unlucky male bread winners to take and support their familys. They now are stuck on unemployment as the economy is bad and there are no jobs,

My dad and grand dad told me that women belong at home. They belong farefoot in the winter and pregnant in the summer. Was my dad and granddad wrong?

Besides, as I was told, women are inferior to the male. After all the bible says that eve was made from "a rib " of Adam. Thereby infering that women are held in a less capacity. Is this wrong too?

4roses 06-16-2013 04:09 AM

memehune your so funny. I listen to that crap 20 years ago. You forget .. women don't need the males to provide for them anymore. Now a Real man will work side by side with Women as equals. Have a good weekend.

mitchno1 06-16-2013 06:17 AM

good to see you couldnt resist coming back rose ,but you still cant have a joke with us .of corse we work with women some are sweet

Menehune 06-16-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4roses (Post 526012)
memehune your so funny. I listen to that crap 20 years ago. You forget .. women don't need the males to provide for them anymore. Now a Real man will work side by side with Women as equals. Have a good weekend.

You may have rightfully heard it 20 years ago. But that is the problem with society today. The women are taking the mens jobs, thereby trying to fill their shoes. Although their rightful place is in the home taking care of the home and children. This is a much needed and very important role. Women are best suited for this position, as they can mentor, direct, love, and shape these little ones into useful citizens. There would be less hoods in the street, if Mom was at home to guide them and show them the right path.

mitchno1 06-16-2013 07:41 AM

she never agree to us menehune ,she just not got any logic ask roadhog

4roses 06-16-2013 05:45 PM

When I was in the 2nd grade there was always this little boy on the play ground that would chase me all over the yard pulling my hair. He was insecure and demanded attention. I never could get away from him. In Today's time they would of called him a bully. For some reason when I watch you/mitchno1 follow me all over CAD ... it takes me back to that time in life. It's so nice to know that you and roadhog have taken time out of your busy schedule to talk about me. I can take a joke, :) ... if I was posting in the Joke Section.

Menehune 06-17-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4roses (Post 526018)
When I was in the 2nd grade there was always this little boy on the play ground that would chase me all over the yard pulling my hair. He was insecure and demanded attention. I never could get away from him. In Today's time they would of called him a bully. For some reason when I watch you/mitchno1 follow me all over CAD ... it takes me back to that time in life. It's so nice to know that you and roadhog have taken time out of your busy schedule to talk about me. I can take a joke, :) ... if I was posting in the Joke Section.

That was a very nice post. Unfortunately, when I was in the 2nd, and subsequent, grades the girls were following the boys around for direction and leadership. This is the way it needs to be, so women can stop trying to be men. Men are men, and women are women and both have their places.

4roses 06-18-2013 01:52 AM

have a good day .... :)

mitchno1 06-18-2013 04:58 AM

oh she gone again menehune,dont worry she allways comes back ,to pick on us lol

Menehune 06-18-2013 05:33 AM

Well, I hope she dosent take it so hard. Especially since is was all a scam. Was hoping for more female involvement, so I guess its time to call it quit. Although, I love ruffling feathers with those lines. With three daughters and a wife, there is no way I could survive if I trully believed what I said above. Anyway, I think I won this round.