Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   LNS's Ride (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/34110-lnss-ride.html)

LadyNorthStar 06-02-2008 12:11 AM

LNS's Ride

2009 International Eagle 9900 fresh outta the wash bay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/tammyw/pnw1.jpg

Self Portrait lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v633/tammyw/pnw2.jpg

Double L 06-02-2008 12:22 AM

Nice large car 8) I see your reflection off the exhaust shield! :lol: :P

LadyNorthStar 06-02-2008 12:27 AM

Yep, that would be what I meant when I put above the pic, "Self Portrait". ;)

Double L 06-02-2008 12:37 AM

:lol: How you like your new truck? I rode in a 06/07 9400i and it wasn't a bad ride at all but in my opinion Freightliners ride better then again I'm a born and raised Freightliner guy from the heart so I'll be a bit biased! :P

LadyNorthStar 06-02-2008 12:43 AM

I've driven almost all Freightliners in my career, I'll keep this one anyday. Rides really nice, no rattles, just feels like a real solid truck. Interior is beautiful too, I'll get a pic of that tomorrow.

Double L 06-02-2008 01:20 AM

Internationals do have nice interiors. I like the white gauges with green backlight, it's easy on the eyes thats for sure! But my only complaint against Freightliner is the cheap interior they used on the early Century Class and Columbia but at the sametime Volvo's are starting to grow on me. I keep hearing alot of good things about Volvo and it's catching my attention. :)

stardust3996 06-02-2008 04:04 AM

Wow LNS!

Nice ride! Looks like you have plenty of room in there. I drive an international, but mine is all worn out and raggedy and hasn't been washed. lol (company truck)

One place I had worked for had new volvo's. I really liked those alot.

RebelDarlin 06-02-2008 06:00 AM

Nice Ride Lady!http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/88.gif

Rev.Vassago 06-02-2008 06:15 AM

What is the wheelbase on that thing? It seems really short.

Double L 06-02-2008 11:12 AM

243" more than likely Rev, Canada especially Ontario is very strict when it comes to wheelbase, if you pull a 53' trailer the wheelbase of the tractor can't be over 243" If the trailer is shorter than a 53' then you have however long of wheelbase you please. Ontario reminds of California....STRICT and stupid laws! :roll: That is the way I interput the law and is what I've been told by driver's who live in Ontario.

Rev.Vassago 06-02-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double L
243" more than likely Rev, Canada especially Ontario is very strict when it comes to wheelbase, if you pull a 53' trailer the wheelbase of the tractor can't be over 243"

That isn't correct. The wheelbase of the tractor needs to be less than 244", and it is only enforced in the Western provinces. Ontario doesn't bother with it. I've been up in Ontario with my 270" wheelbase hooked to a 53' already. Gone over several scales and passed several cops.

Double L 06-02-2008 01:38 PM

Interesting! I thought it was Ontario that had that law requiring trucks licensed in Ontario pulling 53' trailers to be no more than a 244" wheelbase. Anyway Rev thanks for correcting me on that!

LadyNorthStar 06-02-2008 03:15 PM

It doesn't matter anyway, Ontario or not.

I am in a Western Province, and I pull a 53'. 244 max.

4roses 06-03-2008 01:21 AM

sweet ~ sweet ride !

I know your going to enjoy it ... http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28...y_clapping.gif ... :wink:

mike3fan 06-03-2008 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double L
243" more than likely Rev, Canada especially Ontario is very strict when it comes to wheelbase, if you pull a 53' trailer the wheelbase of the tractor can't be over 243"

That isn't correct. The wheelbase of the tractor needs to be less than 244", and it is only enforced in the Western provinces. Ontario doesn't bother with it. I've been up in Ontario with my 270" wheelbase hooked to a 53' already. Gone over several scales and passed several cops.

Ask me what the ticket cost me at the Putnam(London,ON) scales for my 270" wheelbase pulling a 53'. $375

I too passed many cops and went over many scales before I was stopped and measured.

LadyNorthStar 06-03-2008 02:18 PM

Re: Wow LNS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardust3996
I drive an international, but mine is all worn out and raggedy and hasn't been washed. lol (company truck)

Well, this is a company truck... I washed it myself. lol

BanditsCousin 06-04-2008 12:07 AM

Nice truck. So you pull for a United agent? I pull for a agent out of San Jose doing special products. I definitely need a front bumper like that when I'm up north!

Canada= 244" max WB. My dad had thios truck spec'd with a 244 when he was on United's US/Canada fleet.

mike3fan 06-04-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
Canada= 244" max WB. My dad had thios truck spec'd with a 244 when he was on United's US/Canada fleet.

only if pulling a 53' trailer

LadyNorthStar 06-05-2008 06:34 AM

Quote:

Nice truck. So you pull for a United agent?.

We have a moving side and a freight side, I haul freight, just share the same yard.

BanditsCousin 06-06-2008 07:48 AM

Cool beans. I used to be on the hhg side, now I'm on the freight side 8)

Ronin 06-06-2008 08:39 AM

Reason number 5,135 why an American carrier should not go into Canada: Wheelbase restrictions.

wildkat 06-06-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin
Reason number 5,135 why an American carrier should not go into Canada: Wheelbase restrictions.

That's cause of our roads Ronin...we don't have a huge pile of 4 lane highways here...esp in the far north where Lady & I run & also I would imagine with our multitudes of different trailer configurations we have that are different from yours.

Besides you come here, you abide by OUR rules...just like we do when we go down there! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AND...Lady lookin good...I certainly WISH I had the time to get mine all spiffed up again...geez I think I am still lokkin through bugs that are 3 weeks old! LOL No rest for the weary.

With luck I should be heading up there either tonight or tomorrow...the suits are still trying to decide if I gotta hang out till tomorrow...my PDIC is expired & they're starting to freak about it! LOL the trials of having LCV certification!

My baby...when she's clean:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/000_0014.jpg

LadyNorthStar 06-06-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Yeah, and what is it you guys are allowed to drive down there? 11 hours a day? pffff....

I saw someone waiting for a switch on Wednesday Kat and tried to ask him if you were coming but no answer on the radio.

wildkat 06-06-2008 03:02 PM

He likely doesn't have a big radio in his truck yet, cause he asked me once why nobody would talk to him on the CB (he's new) & I told him "we don't use those much up here, & to get a big radio, most everybody runs LADD1 & the scales LADD2, so he said he was looking into it last I saw him, but that was last week, I think. I've been back running Yellowknife the last 10 days or so cause our o/o who usually does that has been sick. But should be back to my usually Nelson & Whitehorse next week.Was it a new Pete? White aeorodyne thing...388 or somesuch? That would be Peter...he's my usual switch if it was. There's another guy...can't recall his name at the moment he's a company guy, then the other guys are Holmes, but I hear they aren't being used so much anymore, Buyers is really trying to get away from the outside carriers...costs them too much & insurance issues are driving them crazy...too many accidents

wildkat 06-06-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyNorthStar
Quote:

Yeah, and what is it you guys are allowed to drive down there? 11 hours a day? pffff....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: buncha whooses(sp?) eh? Let 'em try to do the 13's everyday or the 15's like I do...:roll: :roll:

Lady , can you in the Yukon use the North of 60 rules too like the NWT?

LadyNorthStar 06-06-2008 03:10 PM

Yeah you betcha, 15 driving, 3? on duty is it? and 20 hours to complete it all.

Yeah it was a new Pete. CB? Whats that? lol

wildkat 06-06-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan
Quote:

only if pulling a 53' trailer

Sorry BC...here in Alberta & BC too I believe (I'd have to look it up) it's 244" MAX. I think it has alot to do with the mountains & getting around curves..oh but the IS an exception for the oilfield...go figure eh?

wildkat 06-06-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyNorthStar
Yeah you betcha, 15 driving, 3? on duty is it? and 20 hours to complete it all.

Yeah it was a new Pete. CB? Whats that? lol

I thought so..you ARE afterall NORTH of 60! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I thought you would know for sure.... yeah that 20 hour thing gets em everytime...you have the adverse conditions exemption like we do too don't you? Where you can add the extra 2 hours of drive time if the roads are bad? I know you can in the NWT & Alberta, not sure about BC tho, what about the Yukon?

LadyNorthStar 06-06-2008 04:31 PM

Yep Yukon has all the bells and whistles regarding extra hours and what not.
BC does not, they are turds.

wildkat 06-06-2008 05:29 PM

Yup, Yup :dung: :dung: :dung: :dung:

BC....Beyond Canada, Bring Cash.... take your pick LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ronin 06-06-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildkat
Quote:

That's cause of our roads Ronin...we don't have a huge pile of 4 lane highways here...esp in the far north where Lady & I run & also I would imagine with our multitudes of different trailer configurations we have that are different from yours.

Which I could understand in the north of 60, and other remote areas.

Quote:

Besides you come here, you abide by OUR rules...just like we do when we go down there! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't worry, it won't happen. Even though My father's side of the family is from Ontario It's too much hassle to go there anymore, but both governments are to blame for that. That and I'm not fond of paying money to get back into my own country, that's supposedly why I pay taxes.

COLT 06-06-2008 08:53 PM

The two hour deferral is good in B.C. make it good the next day...

How many times a schedule, I don't remember...

No mention of an engine L.N.

Too overcast to see the shine of your new truck, the shine won't last long... :?
Baked on bugs.... :evil:

LadyNorthStar 06-06-2008 09:16 PM

Its called a truck wash Colt. lol Actually if you spray on some Bug and Tar remover the bugs and their residue come off quite nice.

ISX.. no one seems to be buying anything else up here anymore.

wildkat 06-06-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLT
The two hour deferral is good in B.C. make it good the next day...

How many times a schedule, I don't remember...

No mention of an engine L.N.

Too overcast to see the shine of your new truck, the shine won't last long... :?
Baked on bugs.... :evil:

No, no COLT, I'm talking about a rule about adverse road conditions, like if you get stuck in a snow storm or whatever, you can drive up to 2 extra hours to make your destination...PROVIDED you can normally do it in the normal 13/15 hour HOS rules.

The deferal thing you are talking about can be done every other day...that is where you can defer 2 hours of your 10 required off-duty time to the next day, but then you MUST make up those 2 hours within the next off-duty shift...hense 12 hours off instead of 10.

Lady, I won't be up tonight...gotta go sit in class tomorrow, then going to Yellowknife, so likely will be up there on Monday night, so if that happens will be in Nelson Tuesday afternoon & if it's not too hot there then will likely stay till 9/10 pm something like that. If it's too hot then I usually go back to where it's higher...like Sikanni or Pink Mountain...cooler up there.

Will send you a bleep on Monday & let you know.

wildkat 06-06-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildkat
Quote:

Which I could understand in the north of 60, and other remote areas.

Quote:

Don't worry, it won't happen. Even though My father's side of the family is from Ontario It's too much hassle to go there anymore, but both governments are to blame for that. That and I'm not fond of paying money to get back into my own country, that's supposedly why I pay taxes.

OHHHHH now I get the attitude...I don't like going to Ontario either! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come to the West where the REAL canucks live...

LadyNorthStar 06-07-2008 01:05 AM

I thought I'd be goin up tonight but ended up with the weekend off. Kinda worried, someones back from holidays, but they said they'd keep me busy no problem. Time will tell, if not, I got another call so I guess a change would be happening again.

LadyNorthStar 06-09-2008 07:09 PM

Hey Kat, new truck number to look for. The guy came back from holidays and apperantly he wanted his truck back. The nerve!

Anyway they gave me my own now that the other guys is out of the shop. So I'm in 439 now, its identical :P but has a set of light force and a set of jetco lights on the front.

I'm off till Saturday, gotta fly to Edmonton for a couple days, but I'll be out on the weekend.

LN

wildkat 06-11-2008 04:07 AM

LNS, off to Nelson tonight, should be there be bout 1-2 tomorrow afternoon. Crap, too bad I had to work last weekend, we could have gotten together in Edmonton when you came down, I'm only 1/2 hour from the city! :D :D

LadyNorthStar 06-11-2008 04:58 AM

Havent been yet, I'm leaving tomorrow. =P Just a quick trip tho.

wildkat 06-13-2008 10:09 PM

That's too bad, am off this weekend...well workin at home. Got to go pick up son-in-law early tomorrow morning then kidlets (grandkids) on Sunday, cause I'm watching them so's daughter can do her photoshoot, so they can come help us on Sunday night & Monday. Tearing down the old garage so's we can build our shop next month. OMG! What alot to do! Garage to tear down this weekend, cat coming in 2 weeks to level up & make site ready for our 50 X 50 shop, they're coming to build that sometime next month...then put all the crap back in place...well that's hubby's job...thank god!

Geezz, just thinking about this is making my back hurt! :lol: :lol: :lol: