Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Shopping List (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/31380-shopping-list.html)

Ridge Runner 12-23-2007 06:49 PM

I would add to take along a couple of good books if you like to read. I read many a good books during my OTR stint.

kahlana 12-23-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
I would add to take along a couple of good books if you like to read. I read many a good books during my OTR stint.

does the CDL manual count as a "good book?" :wink:

Ridge Runner 12-23-2007 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahlana
Quote:

Only if you wish to punish yourself.

kahlana 12-23-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Only if you wish to punish yourself.

I was gonna say somethin really naughty but... i sent myself a warning so i am bein-have now

4roses 12-24-2007 05:18 AM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28...t_computer.gif

a couple pair of gloves - the cloth ones with rubber palm/fingers are good for fueling

flashlight ... with extra batteries - - buy one that could also be used as a weapon, fits tight in the palm of you hand with a little weight to it. ... I also had a small light weight flashlight that would fit comfortable in my mouth so I could have light while using both my hands to lock the back doors or other things .. :)

extra pair of shoes, you will get fuel, grease and water on them ...

list of Doctors numbers you use on a regular bases. They can call in a script anywhere.

List of important number's written down so if someone needs to call your family for you - - they won't know who all the people are in your address book in your cell phone.

ball cap or scarf for your hair - when you crawl under the trailer you will come out with grease or dirt in your hair.

just a few things that came to me - that were helpful. :wink:

kahlana 12-24-2007 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by for4roses
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28...t_computer.gif

a couple pair of gloves - the cloth ones with rubber palm/fingers are good for fueling

flashlight ... with extra batteries - - buy one that could also be used as a weapon, fits tight in the palm of you hand with a little weight to it. ... I also had a small light weight flashlight that would fit comfortable in my mouth so I could have light while using both my hands to lock the back doors or other things .. :)

extra pair of shoes, you will get fuel, grease and water on them ...

list of Doctors numbers you use on a regular bases. They can call in a script anywhere.

List of important number's written down so if someone needs to call your family for you - - they won't know who all the people are in your address book in your cell phone.

ball cap or scarf for your hair - when you crawl under the trailer you will come out with grease or dirt in your hair.

just a few things that came to me - that were helpful. :wink:

oooh those are very helpful... another pair of shoes is first on the list to pick up since i only have my pretty but functional snowboots and a pair of tennis shoes that arent very functional but they are really cute lol

wildkat 12-26-2007 04:33 PM

Other stuff that you should never leave home without:

-extra towel & face cloth
-extra sheets & blankets, you never know when you could be stranded in the middle of nowhere, or come in wet & cold

Stuff for your truck:
-extra oil
-air brake antifreeze...a godsend when you have frozen brakes on trailers
-hammer, I have two, my tire thumper hammer & a 10 lb sledge for beating brakes
-a snipe, see above, I haul vans, but that snipe has come in real handy...even works as a persuader for too persistant males :lol:
-spare light cord
-socket set
-screw drivers
-extra rubber thingys for glad hands
-extra gladhand..they break

kahlana 12-26-2007 04:41 PM

whats a snipe? the only place i have ever heard the term was in the military... when they took noobs "snipe hunting" :shock:

wildkat 12-26-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

whats a snipe? the only place i have ever heard the term was in the military... when they took noobs "snipe hunting" :shock:

snipe...long metal pole...stick...used by deck haulers to tighten straps, about 3 ft long, has a, crap, can see the thing, just hard to describe... :lol: :lol: :lol:

kahlana 12-26-2007 04:45 PM

ooo gotchya... spiderman has one of those things... i tripped on it the first time i climbed up in his truck... lol