Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Need second line for Womans Truck driving song... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/28737-need-second-line-womans-truck-driving-song.html)

bluegrassdeb 08-04-2007 03:19 PM

Need second line for Womans Truck driving song...

Need something real good to go with "I'm a truck driving woman".

bluegrassdeb 08-04-2007 04:12 PM

Ok I know that was prob. not fair cause you all don't know how I want the song to go. I mean after all it would be a great man bashing song! If I wanted to do that but I don't cause I like men. But if I didn't I'd prob. say something like "don't need no man to hold my hang". Teehee But really I want to write a great bluegrass womans trucking song. If anybody wants to visit my blogg I have a picture on there. I couldn't get it on here for some pixal reason I couldn't figure out. So if anybody wants read about my trucker friend Jim on there that has been down on his luck etc. Go to yahoo360 on your search thingy then click on yahoo360home or put in the search for area (truck driving), I'm debrah on it on there. I've got some songs I wrote on it too.

bluegrassdeb 08-12-2007 07:32 PM

Ok, I'm just gonna assume by the lack of interest truck drivers don't wanta write a womans song. I hear truck drivers singing all the time on the cb. I'm kinda sorta surprised. Anyhoot, I hope somebody finds my blogg I mentioned and reads my trucking experiences I have had recently. I tried classadrivers blog sign up yesterday but had no success. I just think classadrivers needs to be a little more user friendly. I'll try again sometime. If anyone is even reading this!

Fredog 08-12-2007 08:03 PM

Re: Need second line for Womans Truck driving song...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegrassdeb

I never did have much sense

Scoe 08-12-2007 09:01 PM

and my spirit you cannot fence.

Fredog 08-12-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoe
and my spirit you cannot fence.

shoulda stayed with my boyfriend Spence

Twilight Flyer 08-13-2007 03:06 PM

But I never learnt, I'm just too dense.

:wink:

golfhobo 08-13-2007 03:11 PM

Re: Need second line for Womans Truck driving song...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegrassdeb

Like you said.... not knowing where you want the song to go, or WHERE in the song this line would be (verse or chorus)

I'm a truck driving woman

Always BEEN a dream of mine

18 wheels a'rollin

Love to hear that engine whine!

Roarin' down the mountains

Cross the prairies of this land

On my way back home

To see my Man!

Hobo

You can use all or any part of that, if you wish. I've never used Yahoo360, but I'll try to find it sometime soon.

Good luck! Hope to hear you (it) on the radio someday! :wink:

4roses 08-13-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

18 wheels a'rollin

On my way back home

To see my Man!
Why TO GO HOBO ... dang man ... do you have the music to go with it too. I do beleive we have a song writer in our mist here. ... Seriously .. :lol: ... you got my foot a tappin 8)

golfhobo 08-14-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by for4roses
Quote:

18 wheels a'rollin

On my way back home

To see my Man!
Way TO GO HOBO ... dang man ... do you have the music to go with it too? I do beleive we have a song writer in our midst here. ... Seriously .. :lol: ... you got my foot a tappin 8)

Thanks, Roses! Yes, I DO!! I could here it playin' in my head while I was writing the words. Took me all of about 30 seconds!

I'm NOT a big fan of bluegrass, but I can hear it in my head anytime I want.... and so can YOU! If you're foot was "a tappin," you HAD to hear the music!

I play a little guitar, and have written a few songs for myself. (NOT BLUEGRASS!) I even performed a few in front of a few thousand people in what is called "Tops in Blue" while I was in the military.

Bluegrass is short and fast paced. Rhyming is easy. The "meter" of the words, dictates the "meter" of the music (and vice versa,) so you had no choice but to hear a certain music based on the length of each phrase. (And I had no choice but to write short phrases to match the pace of Bluegrass music.)

The line she gave me was difficult to work with in a way. It was kinda "stuck" at the end of it. I KNOW the "guys" were just messing around with it. No one would write a song saying a woman driver "had no sense!" :roll:

The premise was a bit "open" and has been done before....

Waylon Jennings' song:

"Im a goodhearted woman in love with a foolhearted man...."

But, that's COUNTRY and plays out for double the bars.

BluegrassDeb starts out with only the first HALF of this, and different but similar words:

"I'm a TRUCK driving woman......"

And then there's no "slide" into a break! You must pick it up again.

Anyways.... it was FUN!

I couldn't just give her the second line by itself... cuz it would be stuck as well. Nothing was REALLY said until the 4th line!

I've told her that she only has a short time to use my "contribution" for free! If she doesn't like it.... I'll write it myself and sell it! Might get rich and retire like Sheepdancer! :lol:

Thanks again for noticing. Sometimes I think even the WOMEN here don't read the "women's forum!" :shock: :roll: :lol: