Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   how do you ladies do it? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/24068-how-do-you-ladies-do.html)

winnipegsleepingbeauty 01-20-2007 05:25 AM

how do you ladies do it?

Hello ladies. I just found this site and joined.
I have been OTR with my hubby for the last 9 years.
I was just off the road for the last 5 months and have just gone back to it.
I am finding i dont have the patience or likeness for the road anymore.
But I need to do this, because we need the money. I was cooking in the truck before and found it way too hard. But that is the only way a person can make good money is to eat in the truck. Any suggestions on how to do it all???
Also what do you do to keep in shape? I managed to lose 15 lbs once i was home, but now being back out there, i have already put it back on.
I am beyond frustration.. any wise words of advice?????

take care and keep it safe out there..
thank you ahead of time.

jnk2001 01-21-2007 12:37 AM

Re: how do you ladies do it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnipegsleepingbeauty
Hello ladies. I just found this site and joined.
I have been OTR with my hubby for the last 9 years.
I was just off the road for the last 5 months and have just gone back to it.
I am finding i dont have the patience or likeness for the road anymore.
But I need to do this, because we need the money. I was cooking in the truck before and found it way too hard. But that is the only way a person can make good money is to eat in the truck. Any suggestions on how to do it all???
Also what do you do to keep in shape? I managed to lose 15 lbs once i was home, but now being back out there, i have already put it back on.
I am beyond frustration.. any wise words of advice?????

take care and keep it safe out there..
thank you ahead of time.

Do you have a dog? they are good motivation for getting out and walking a lot.

mapleleaf_1 01-21-2007 01:09 AM

Winnipeg I have a dog that I often take with me. I need to stop for her a few times a day. Gives me the chance to stretch my legs too. After we stop for the day I take her on a long walk, depending on where I've stopped. I also take fruit and veggies to snack on during the day. I have a microwave but I've usually brought dishes I've prepared at home and have in my fridge for the trips out. Hope some of this is helpful to you. Drive safe everyone. :)

Shawnee 01-21-2007 11:51 PM

I know it is very hard because you are never really getting enough exercise. Even when I hauled flatbed I still didn't get that much exercise because except for the short amount of time that I spent tarping and straping I was really just sitting most of the time.

One thing that I can tell you is you really have to cut down what you eat while you are on the road because your body doesn't need that many calories. I really only eat one real meal a day now, usually breakfast, and the rest the day I just eat healthy snacks. I also drink lots of water. Because you will never get enough exercise on the road, it is very important to watch what you eat.

I always try to exercise and walk when I can, but when you are tired and don't get enough sleep, the last thing you want to do is exercise. When I have run all day and I finally get to stop I just want to go to bed not work out.

Getting enough sleep is important. Lack of sleep does help contribute to weight gain. When I first started driving I always had to drive at night and I got very little sleep during the day, that is when I gained some weight simply because I was not sleeping properly. Also when I was tired I was more likely to grab junk food to eat then take the time to make something heathy.

These are just some suggestions from my own experiences, hope I could help you out