User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007, 05:25 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default how do you ladies do it?

Hello ladies. I just found this site and joined.
I have been OTR with my hubby for the last 9 years.
I was just off the road for the last 5 months and have just gone back to it.
I am finding i dont have the patience or likeness for the road anymore.
But I need to do this, because we need the money. I was cooking in the truck before and found it way too hard. But that is the only way a person can make good money is to eat in the truck. Any suggestions on how to do it all???
Also what do you do to keep in shape? I managed to lose 15 lbs once i was home, but now being back out there, i have already put it back on.
I am beyond frustration.. any wise words of advice?????

take care and keep it safe out there..
thank you ahead of time.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: how do you ladies do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipegsleepingbeauty
Hello ladies. I just found this site and joined.
I have been OTR with my hubby for the last 9 years.
I was just off the road for the last 5 months and have just gone back to it.
I am finding i dont have the patience or likeness for the road anymore.
But I need to do this, because we need the money. I was cooking in the truck before and found it way too hard. But that is the only way a person can make good money is to eat in the truck. Any suggestions on how to do it all???
Also what do you do to keep in shape? I managed to lose 15 lbs once i was home, but now being back out there, i have already put it back on.
I am beyond frustration.. any wise words of advice?????

take care and keep it safe out there..
thank you ahead of time.
Do you have a dog? they are good motivation for getting out and walking a lot.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Board Regular

Winnipeg I have a dog that I often take with me. I need to stop for her a few times a day. Gives me the chance to stretch my legs too. After we stop for the day I take her on a long walk, depending on where I've stopped. I also take fruit and veggies to snack on during the day. I have a microwave but I've usually brought dishes I've prepared at home and have in my fridge for the trips out. Hope some of this is helpful to you. Drive safe everyone.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Board Regular

I know it is very hard because you are never really getting enough exercise. Even when I hauled flatbed I still didn't get that much exercise because except for the short amount of time that I spent tarping and straping I was really just sitting most of the time.

One thing that I can tell you is you really have to cut down what you eat while you are on the road because your body doesn't need that many calories. I really only eat one real meal a day now, usually breakfast, and the rest the day I just eat healthy snacks. I also drink lots of water. Because you will never get enough exercise on the road, it is very important to watch what you eat.

I always try to exercise and walk when I can, but when you are tired and don't get enough sleep, the last thing you want to do is exercise. When I have run all day and I finally get to stop I just want to go to bed not work out.

Getting enough sleep is important. Lack of sleep does help contribute to weight gain. When I first started driving I always had to drive at night and I got very little sleep during the day, that is when I gained some weight simply because I was not sleeping properly. Also when I was tired I was more likely to grab junk food to eat then take the time to make something heathy.

These are just some suggestions from my own experiences, hope I could help you out