Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Product Reviews by Truckers for Truckers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers-32/)
-   -   Another GPS Question (Sort of) (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers/22847-another-gps-question-sort.html)

Mtc_Is_Hell 01-02-2007 04:42 PM

I have a Magellan gps.. Cost me 550 with tax.. Ok so I seen that program at best buy for 120 bucks. I also have the same laptop as you, Speakers do suck btw, I use headphones just to hear the movies over the truck idle. But other then this issue how good is that program and where do you mount or put your laptop?>

Mtc_Is_Hell 01-04-2007 05:03 PM

Dont everyone reply at once plz.

Malaki86 01-04-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtc_Is_Hell
I have a Magellan gps.. Cost me 550 with tax.. Ok so I seen that program at best buy for 120 bucks. I also have the same laptop as you, Speakers do suck btw, I use headphones just to hear the movies over the truck idle. But other then this issue how good is that program and where do you mount or put your laptop?>

S & T 2007 is a gooed program. Well worth the cost. Also, if you have a GPS receiver (that the laptop recognizes), you can use it, instead of buying the full version with a new receiver.

I kept my laptop in the sleeper. I have a 7" touchscreen monitor & an addon keyboard that I use in the cab.

Rev.Vassago 01-04-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:

S & T 2007 is a gooed program. Well worth the cost. Also, if you have a GPS receiver (that the laptop recognizes), you can use it, instead of buying the full version with a new receiver.

I kept my laptop in the sleeper. I have a 7" touchscreen monitor & an addon keyboard that I use in the cab.

My problem seems to be that I go through GPS receivers. I just bought my fourth one in a year and a half, at $100 a pop. :shock:

Malaki86 01-04-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

My problem seems to be that I go through GPS receivers. I just bought my fourth one in a year and a half, at $100 a pop.
Ouch... I'm still on the receiver that came with S & T 2005 - and I use that same receiver for CoPilot & Delorme, as well.

devildice 01-04-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:

My problem seems to be that I go through GPS receivers. I just bought my fourth one in a year and a half, at $100 a pop. :shock:

Rev,

Maybe if you stop trying to use it as a pc mouse and leave it on the dash as the GPS receiver it was designed to be :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rev.Vassago 01-05-2007 12:09 AM

That's my problem - it doesn't pick up a decent signal on the dash, so I have it mounted outside. I have a knack for getting the USB port stuck in the door jamb, thereby crushing it. :sad:

devildice 01-05-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

That's my problem - it doesn't pick up a decent signal on the dash, so I have it mounted outside. I have a knack for getting the USB port stuck in the door jamb, thereby crushing it. :sad:

That's strange that you are not getting a decent signal on the dash as they are designed to "supposedly" work that way.

Rev.Vassago 01-05-2007 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildice
Quote:

That's strange that you are not getting a decent signal on the dash as they are designed to "supposedly" work that way.

I'm guessing it is due to the fact that I drive a 379. Hardly any slope to the windshield, and a metal visor right above it.

When I did have it on my dash, it would lose its signal, or not "grab" enough satellites to get a decent signal.

devildice 01-05-2007 02:35 AM

Oh I see.....simple solution then....buy a different truck.......just think, after about a 1,000 gps receivers, it will pay for itself :lol: