Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   FFE frozen food express) or Werner (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/43918-ffe-frozen-food-express-werner.html)

pegasis 04-02-2013 10:44 PM

FFE frozen food express) or Werner

Hello everyone, i am new to this. Can anyone tell me more information about FFE or Werner, these are the companies I am looking at. I have searched through the forums but everything for ffe was from 2005-2011. I am looking for up to date information. Thank you

VPIDarkAngel 04-07-2013 06:21 PM

I can't vouch for FFE, but I've been with Werner for right at 5 years now.
Where are you?
What division do you want (48-state, regional, reefer, dedicated, flatbed)?
How much experience do you have?
If none, Werner's training is as follows:
2 day orientation: the obligatory welcome speeches, overview of policies and procedures, drug test, physical, and LOTS of computer-based training stuff.
275 hours of drive time with a trainer
Test out at a terminal: more CBT's, truck assignment, and more paperwork.
IF you wind up with a trainer here at Dollar General, you will have to do student evaluations at 7 days, 21 days, and one before testing out. These are highly pre-trip focused.
Oh, and our dedicated trucks are at 62mph. The rest of the company is 65. Older trucks are 9-speeds, and newer ones are straight 10-speeds.

pegasis 04-08-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VPIDarkAngel (Post 524841)
I can't vouch for FFE, but I've been with Werner for right at 5 years now.
Where are you?
What division do you want (48-state, regional, reefer, dedicated, flatbed)?
How much experience do you have?
If none, Werner's training is as follows:
2 day orientation: the obligatory welcome speeches, overview of policies and procedures, drug test, physical, and LOTS of computer-based training stuff.
275 hours of drive time with a trainer
Test out at a terminal: more CBT's, truck assignment, and more paperwork.
IF you wind up with a trainer here at Dollar General, you will have to do student evaluations at 7 days, 21 days, and one before testing out. These are highly pre-trip focused.
Oh, and our dedicated trucks are at 62mph. The rest of the company is 65. Older trucks are 9-speeds, and newer ones are straight 10-speeds.

thank you for taking the time to respond I live in Atlanta Ga and I want to pull reefwe. I do not have any experience right now.

Bigdkemp 06-21-2013 08:29 AM

I went to the driver academy with FFE. It was good. Got me my CDL and some winter driving with a really good trainer. But that was then end of all the good. Once I upgraded to my own truck everything went down hill. I was only getting 1200 miles a week at 29C/mile. Yeah sucked. And then I payroll started messing up my paychecks. Keep looking. Whatever you do. DO NOT HIRE ON WITH FFE