User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default FFE frozen food express) or Werner

Hello everyone, i am new to this. Can anyone tell me more information about FFE or Werner, these are the companies I am looking at. I have searched through the forums but everything for ffe was from 2005-2011. I am looking for up to date information. Thank you
Old 04-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Senior Board Member

I can't vouch for FFE, but I've been with Werner for right at 5 years now.
Where are you?
What division do you want (48-state, regional, reefer, dedicated, flatbed)?
How much experience do you have?
If none, Werner's training is as follows:
2 day orientation: the obligatory welcome speeches, overview of policies and procedures, drug test, physical, and LOTS of computer-based training stuff.
275 hours of drive time with a trainer
Test out at a terminal: more CBT's, truck assignment, and more paperwork.
IF you wind up with a trainer here at Dollar General, you will have to do student evaluations at 7 days, 21 days, and one before testing out. These are highly pre-trip focused.
Oh, and our dedicated trucks are at 62mph. The rest of the company is 65. Older trucks are 9-speeds, and newer ones are straight 10-speeds.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:16 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPIDarkAngel View Post
I can't vouch for FFE, but I've been with Werner for right at 5 years now.
Where are you?
What division do you want (48-state, regional, reefer, dedicated, flatbed)?
How much experience do you have?
If none, Werner's training is as follows:
2 day orientation: the obligatory welcome speeches, overview of policies and procedures, drug test, physical, and LOTS of computer-based training stuff.
275 hours of drive time with a trainer
Test out at a terminal: more CBT's, truck assignment, and more paperwork.
IF you wind up with a trainer here at Dollar General, you will have to do student evaluations at 7 days, 21 days, and one before testing out. These are highly pre-trip focused.
Oh, and our dedicated trucks are at 62mph. The rest of the company is 65. Older trucks are 9-speeds, and newer ones are straight 10-speeds.
thank you for taking the time to respond I live in Atlanta Ga and I want to pull reefwe. I do not have any experience right now.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:29 AM
Rookie

I went to the driver academy with FFE. It was good. Got me my CDL and some winter driving with a really good trainer. But that was then end of all the good. Once I upgraded to my own truck everything went down hill. I was only getting 1200 miles a week at 29C/mile. Yeah sucked. And then I payroll started messing up my paychecks. Keep looking. Whatever you do. DO NOT HIRE ON WITH FFE