Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Breaking News*** (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/39241-breaking-news%2A%2A%2A.html)

DaveP 12-22-2009 02:14 PM

Breaking News***

ARROW Trucking is closing the doors today. Just got the message over my Quaalcom with an offer for a "bird dog fee" for any Arrow drivers we recruit.

Employees: Tulsa's Arrow Trucking Is Suspending Operations - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Jumbo 12-22-2009 04:27 PM

Wow!! That does not come as any surprise if you talk to any of their drivers as of late.

YerDaddy 12-22-2009 04:58 PM

More freight for us!

GMAN 12-22-2009 04:58 PM

I feel for their employees. I can't say that it a surprise. I am sure others will fall in the coming year as well. You cannot continue to run for cheap rates and survive.

Mackman 12-22-2009 05:00 PM

I love the pics of the tow trucks lined up ready to go. :lol2::thumbsup:

Good thing arrow is not Union. Cuz i can see all the union haters coming in blaming it all on the union. :smokin:

feederfred 12-22-2009 07:32 PM

That really sucks for those poor people....If you listen to the voice mail, it REALLY shows what the "bottom feeders" in management really think of their employees.."Hey we are firing you and haven't paid you in a month, but would you mind dropping our trucks off at the dealers "....Jesus, what nerve ! Then they try and get out of paying unemployment....What a bunch of sheer lowlifes...good riddance to another bottom feeder. Of course, we can expect the "New Arrow Tucking" to resurrect itself in 6 months, with more potential drivers on here defending them and labeling us as just "disgruntled"....And I wonder if whats left of Arrow management will try and burn drivers if they leave those pieces of junk by the side of the road and try and get home to salvage what is left....Probably...I feel like going to my nearest Arrow yard and buy some bus tickets for these poor guys..Some Christmas for them..

jonp 12-22-2009 10:22 PM

Tough for the drivers for sure. I'm kinda wondering however. What driver works for a company without being paid for a month? What driver travels without enough money to get home from anywhere in the US? When I was otr i never traveled with expensive stuff. I could always pack my clothes, throw out everything else if need be and use a credit card to fly anywhere in the world. Thats why companies could never threaten me while on the road.

freebirdrfd 12-22-2009 10:25 PM

I don't feel sorry for them. Everybody knew this was comming months and months ago. MOST of them could have had another job a long time ago and wouldn't have had to be worrying about it at christmas time. the writing was on the wall ( in huge letters ) for a long time now......

jonp 12-22-2009 10:29 PM

Ok, I can't help it: Hey Arrow Drivers Hows that Hope and Change working out for ya now?? No worries, Obamacare is on the way.

DaveP 12-22-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feederfred (Post 470735)
I feel like going to my nearest Arrow yard and buy some bus tickets for these poor guys..Some Christmas for them..

That's a great idea. I've heard that MANY drivers are stuck out on the road trying to get home....

I'll keep back a couple hundred...just in case... for a bus ticket and a couple meals for one of those drivers if I happen to see them...

Hope someone else does the same...it certainly COULD be one of us.