Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   deBoer Transportation, anyone know anything about them (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/39096-deboer-transportation-anyone-know-anything-about-them.html)

geeshock 11-23-2009 09:33 PM

deBoer Transportation, anyone know anything about them

amazingly enough, even with my accedent they are inquireing with my present employer to get a reference so I think I might have a bite. I'm going to search the forums for anything about them but I was wondering if anyone has any recent expierience with them. I talked to a driver that worked for them over 2 years ago and he said they were alright but that was 2 years ago, lots of things change in 2 years

Jumbo 11-24-2009 02:11 AM

That is one company that is always hiring. After WH Transportation shut down most of their fleet most of the drivers went to either Roehl or Deboer. Deboer had a great big ad two weeks ago in the paper. It just makes me wonder why they are always hiring.

jonp 11-24-2009 02:51 AM

They bought out WCI's operations in Wausau a couple of years ago when I workded for WCI. Most of the WCI drivers quit instead of working for them for what thats worth.

geeshock 11-24-2009 07:15 AM

ok, If they ask I'm going for it considering the alternative of no OTR job, but would like to know what I'm possibly getting into.

jonp 11-24-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeshock (Post 468467)
ok, If they ask I'm going for it considering the alternative of no OTR job, but would like to know what I'm possibly getting into.

No job sure does clarify the mind. I would still be careful though. How much will a Wisconsin based company with the majority of its freight in the mid-west get you back to NC on a regular basis? In the year that I've lived here I've only seen a couple of trucks and one was an old WCI T-2000 that i recognized by the strips on the cab.

geeshock 11-25-2009 02:52 AM

thanks, I actually know that most my running will probably be in the texas area and I never see thier trucks out this way but I am willing to make that sacrifice so long as they can keep me moveing, even 2500 miles is beter than this seasonal job I have, when we are running here I pull in good money, but the past 1.5 almost 2 mos. I've been sitting makes it really tough. I love small town america till it comes time to look for jobs

jonp 11-25-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeshock (Post 468568)
thanks, I actually know that most my running will probably be in the texas area and I never see thier trucks out this way but I am willing to make that sacrifice so long as they can keep me moveing, even 2500 miles is beter than this seasonal job I have, when we are running here I pull in good money, but the past 1.5 almost 2 mos. I've been sitting makes it really tough. I love small town america till it comes time to look for jobs

Thats why I'm in NC. Small town northern Vermont has very few jobs and the papermill we hauled out of shut down. Good luck to you, geeshock.

Let us know how deboer works out. I don't see them much and havnt talked to their drivers and am curious how that company is. I dont remember anyone ever bringing them up.

geeshock 11-25-2009 08:10 PM

thank you, I'm still in the preliminary stages so haven't been hired by them but they have sent the paper work to all the trucking companies I've worked for so I'm guessing thats a good sign. My curent employer gave me a good reference so we will see

bentstrider 11-26-2009 06:57 PM

I guess I'll have to see about considering these guys as well.
Putting in an app won't hurt and the MidWest seems to be a good place to roll through considering the bulk of the population that got conned into moving out to the West Coast.

As I said, relocation and consistent running are no problem for me, I'm giving this one a go as well.

geeshock 11-26-2009 08:32 PM

If they aren't lieing, thet say they can get garuntee between 2500 to 3200 miles. If they can do that I'll be happy, beets sitting at a truckstop/rest area for several days